Post 2010 Sola/DAM MkIV Tone Bender projects (list of)

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

Lach

Post 2010 Sola/DAM MkIV Tone Bender projects (list of)

Post by Lach »

A month or so back hamoftruth started a topic documenting the whole "Daughter of" series, which I thought was a cool idea and could be a useful future resource. Anyhow, approximately a year ago I had started something similar in a spreadsheet, cause I love spreadsheets... (it's in far less detail by comparison) on the MkIV series produced since 2010, can't remember why exactly... but it was in the depths of the lockdowns here in Melbourne and I was probably either drunk, just nerding out on MkIVs, just couldn't think of anything else to do that day or quite likely all of the above...

From memory - I got the names (in bold) from either the appearance in the case of the early ones, or the names Ant christened them as the series has progressed. The transistors and circa release (very very rough) time frames I had either taken from what I could find on here, Instagram, Reverb sold listings, Facebook posts etc etc aka "the internet" and the notes (in italics) were again mostly what I could either find on here or Insta posts quoting Ant and/or Dave. While looking for something else today I found the Googlesheet and thought I'd add in the last 4 or 5 since I last updated it and post it up if it's even useful to anyone? I'm sure this isn't complete and I've missed a couple, let me know of any major ones and/or corrections to the below and I'll update the post but I count 21 awesome MkIV Benders :badteeth:

Turquoise/red font - mid 2012 - 3 x OC84Ns - (Cool new project number 5...)
Grey/blue font - early 2013 - 3 x OC84Ns - (Cool new project number 5.1...)
Yellow/red font - early 2013 - 3 x OC75s - (Cool new project 5.2)
White Devil/Blue Demon - early 2013 - 3 x green jacket Mullard OC82Ds - (Cool new project 5.3...)
The Orange Monster - late 2016 - 3 x OC75s - (Reverb exclusive, project 5.4)
The Red Baron/The Purple People Eater - mid 2017 - OC75/OC82D/OC75 setup - (Cool new project 5.5)
Son of the green bastard (British racing green) - early 2018 - 3 x green jacket OC82D - (Cool new project 5.6)
Colorsound Fuzz Sound (Williams) - early 2018 - 3 x OC75s - (Project number 10, 2 knob Park Fuzz tuned w reverse PCB)
Colorsound Fuzz Sound (Main) The Blue 22 - early 2018 - 3 x NKT OC84Ns - (Project number 10, 2 knob w internal fuzz pot)
The Fruit Salad - late 2018 - 3 x NKT84s? - (??)
The evil son of the green bastard (black) - mid 2019 - 2 x green jacket Mullard OC82D, 1 x blue jacket Mullard OC45 - (Cool new project 5.7)
The X19 - late 2019 - 2 x Brimar AC115s, 1 x Mullard OC82D - (Xmas spesh)
The Devil's Lettuce (satin black units and British racing green units) - early 2020 - 2 x green jacket Mullard OC82Ds 1 x TI 2G374 - (cool new project number 5.8)
The Joker (Batman logo) - early 2020 - 3 x Mullard OC82D - (Cool new project 5.9)
The Brazilian (AKA Face peeler) - mid 2020 - 1 x TI2G374(?), 2 green jacket OC82Ds - (Summer spesh)
The Brazilian Batman aka Homem Morcego (Batman logo) - late 2020 - 1 x TI2G374(?), 2 green jacket OC82Ds - (Brazilian in disguise)
The Catman Fuzz - early 2021 - 4 x OC75 (1 as diode) - (Steve Williams built, Carlsboro tuned?)
Kawasaki Green - early 2021 - 2 x NKT212s, 2 x OC82D (1 as diode) - (Hawkwind in a can)
The Bro-zillian - mid 2021 - 1 x green jacket Mullard OC82D, 2 x TI2G374? - (Summer spesh)
The Interceptor (black over orange) - late 2021 - 1 x BC179 2 x OC82D (1 as diode) - (Hotrodded hybrid spesh)
The Yellow Zeppelin (yellow over orange – Beaver brown and sky blue) - late 2021 - 3 x NKT OC84s - (67 Rotosound tuned)
sideasoundlab

Re: Post 2010 Sola/DAM MkIV Tone Bender projects (list of)

Post by sideasoundlab »

You are missing the "White logo" grey over orange, from 2020 until 2021, wich had NKT OC84s on most of them, but the latest ones had Mullard OC84s
if your list is not limited to Pigdog/D*A*M productions, there was also the Yellow Hybrid TC tonebender, built by Jake Rothman, with one OC145 ( reverse polarity OC75) and 2 silicon transistors
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

Excellent work, dude. That's a lot more ground to cover and a lot more detail that's going to be hard to track down. It would be awesome if the website descriptions were saved or archived somewhere, but I love having a reference for this stuff.
With so many builds over the years for these especially, it's hard to keep track. :freakout:

In fact, I'm going to get to work digging thru old threads to flesh it out a bit. This outline/timeline helps so much.
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Haha you’re such a nerd dude
’brutish in character but not thug like’
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

All credit to Lach for outlining these and thus making it super easy to track down the rest of the info I could in the forum archives. I know all of this info is available if you dig around in the subforums but I love having it all in one place.

Turquoise/red font - mid 2012 - 3 x NOS NKT OC84Ns - (Cool new project number 5...)
The origins. Tone Bender MKIII, Tone Bender MKIV. Same party different frock. The way I always made sense of it in my head was in regards to the biasing. The early MKIII's were choppy, heavy, clumsy, a fuzzy lump hammer. The later MKIV's were smooth, dynamic, articulate, a distorted boxing glove. In between, you have a foggy transitional period. Even with the those definitions in place it never always runs true.
This here is a Tone Bender MKIV, because it says so on the tin.

The theme of function that I wanted for this project can be summed up as, flexible vintage. To accomplish this I have made two teeny tiny circuit modifications. Firstly, the tone controls treble cap was slightly increased in value to give the brighter side of the tone control a hair more volume thus making the full span of the tone control useful and capable of matching unity with the bypassed tone. Secondly, and a continuation of the above theme, the limiting resistor was slightly lowered in value enabling the MKIV of boosting volume rather than struggling to match the output of slightly hot humbucking pick-up. Subtle alterations that, to me at least, make the pedal a hair more flexible in a modern scenario.
The replica circuit boards are courtesy of the magical mind of Mr. Castledine. Modern materials but with the old school layout.
It is actually a turquoise paint scheme with red and yellow screen print, which is kinda hard to photograph in a true sense.
There are 50 pieces in this first batch.

Grey/blue font - early 2013 - 3 x OC84Ns - (Cool new project number 5.1...)
For those of you who wanted authentic. Bam! Right on the money with the colour match. The painters really hit one outta the park here. Looks killer in the flesh.

Same sonic dealio as before. We still have a nice stash of the Newmarket devices so no need to mess with something that makes for a great sounding Tone Bender.

Yellow/red font - early 2013 - 3 x OC75s - (Cool new project 5.2)
Different spice under the hood this time. OC75's in place of the OC84N's. As with any transistor type the comparisons can be subtle, but to summarize, a hair more gain with a touch more sparkle in the highs. A little looser in general. As with the majority of fuzz circuits they claim as home the OC75's seem to give more rasp and crunch to the pound. Where as the '84 offers togetherness the '75 offers more outthereness. In a nutshell, it kinda sounds how it looks. Hot.

Super special "where the fuck did I set this" custom knobs this time too. Ears, use them. If you need visuals, buy a Sharpie. You folk wanted authentic, you got it. Personally I think they look as cool as fuck. Kinda the cherry on top of the pudding of old school-ness.

White Devil/Blue Demon - early 2013 - 3 x green jacket Mullard OC82Ds - (Cool new project 5.3...)
Super duper limited custom happenings. Only 10 produced in each colour scheme. Both flavors are packing the infamous 'green jacket' Mullard OC82D. Similar sonic occurrences as with the Tone Bender Professional MKII packing such devices. High gain, clear precise fuzz tones, tight low end with most excellent dynamics and superb guitar interaction. Brick wall fuzz this ain't. Angry but in control, he swings the haymaker, it lands perfectly on target. Bam! You're going down in a blizzard of Mullard fueled juiciness.

The Orange Monster - late 2016 - 3 x OC75s - (Reverb exclusive, project 5.4)
Technically the orange monster be the same specs as old yellow from 2013. OC75's being the key to ultimate power. Not an ideal choice for the circuit type if you only have a limited supply of said black glass devices to hand, thankfully I have the might of Sola Sound by my side so I'm able to select a pretty formidable set-up and in multitudes, 50 of such creations to be exact.
As I've mentioned before transistor differences within the same circuit type can and will be a subtle thing, though the OC75 loaded MKIV compared to the NKTOC84N types do deliver a larger pay-load per pound at maximum gain settings, a tad more hair and teeth if you will, a touch more aggression.

As with all previous D*A*M built MKIV's the only circuit changes are the increase in value of the tone capacitor on the extreme treble side - no bleeding ears, and the lowering in value of the output limiting resistor - increased output at maximum volume settings. These subtle tweaks do not alter the overall tone and feel of the pedal when compared to a vintage unit, they just merely make it a more functional device in a modern day scenario.

And as mentioned in the previous MKIV threads, but I'll say it again because without whom it would not exist as is, circuit board design by Stuart Castledine and artwork reproduction by Electric Warrior.

The Red Baron/The Purple People Eater - mid 2017 - OC75/OC82D/OC75 setup - (Cool new project 5.5)
Limited edition special feels. Only 10 units available in each colour scheme. Sporting a OC75/OC82D/OC75 set-up. The output is high gain but tight, a little extra fat and muscle power for the ears but not in a flabby or lose kinda way. Epic mid-range projection as with all MKIV's but with a little extra spill over into the lower mids. Excellent dynamics and a more than pleasing spread of gain across the fuzz control. A lean mean fighting machine.

Son of the green bastard (British racing green) - early 2018 - 3 x green jacket OC82D - (Cool new project 5.6)
Thee coolest looking MKIV thus far!?!? ...yeah, yeah, yeah I said that when we did the yellow ones....and then again when we did the orange ones. Cool new project 5.6!! The Son of the Green Bastard. It had to be called that really didn't it? British Racing green paint with the mighty OC82D green jackets in the belly. High class attitude but with skeletons in the closest.
The first MKIV's of 2018 and a slightly different approach. Carbon composition resistors and polypropylene capacitors replace the metal film resistors and the polyester capacitors of previous incarnations giving the SOTGB a slightly more vintagey appearance that goes hand-in-hand with the circuit set-up. The electrolytic capacitors are high temperature types, that I selected cos they look black and spooky....how's that for technical information!
Tuned a with the STC transistor set-up in mind that one would find in a vintage MKIV so expect a slightly choppy attack with more punched out note emphasis. Still plenty articulate but leaning towards archaic snarl rather than a hairy growl. As with all previous D*A*M built MKIV's gain levels are strong with the ample output levels, as in, boosted from it's vintage origins but subtlety so. It's a vintage reissue after all. There is a touch more attention on the treble side of the tone control, only a touch, just a little more of a sear to ear. The bass side is as you would expect, brawny and plenty stout for even bass instrument use, from a vintage point of view.

There are 50 pieces in the project in total

Colorsound Fuzz Sound (Williams) - early 2018 - 3 x OC75s - (Project number 10, 2 knob Park Fuzz tuned w reverse PCB)
Based upon Steve's vintage two knob Park Fuzz Sound the Pigdog rendition is as the man says himself, warts n all. Delivering a choppy fast attack with a guttural throaty bark, the stylized tones contained within the Pigdog Fuzz Sound are truly antique to the core. Displaying an almost MKI feel in note break-up and note punctuation with pleasingly rounded highs and more than ample punch in the lower mid range. This Pigdog creation displays great tuning and biasing skills with a spookily low signal to noise ratio. One thing to note. Tonally vintage - yes. Vintage output level - hell no! This thing can get bulldozer loud and then some.

As with both the Pigdog and D*A*M Fuzz Sound; and to be true to the vintage counter parts, the Attack control is in fact the tone filter. Yay! Go Colorsound!! The kings of mislabeled control dials. What this means dear user is that your Pigdog Fuzz Sound is wired for maximum sustain and fuzz delivery, there is no 'set to stun' mode here. Kill or be killed.

Collars and cuffs. The 60's feel is felt from the inside out. A finely crafted reverse style circuit board is featured populated by juicy NOS parts with the driving force delivered by a trio of black glass OC75 germanium devices.
There is a grand total of 53 Pigdog Fuzz Sounds in total. I could be mistaken, but this could be the first ever Pigdog device to contain a PCB....either which way, if this type of thing is your bag, don't hang around scratching your balls.

Colorsound Fuzz Sound (Main) The Blue 22 - early 2018 - 3 x NKT OC84Ns - (Project number 10, 2 knob w internal fuzz pot)
Next. The D*A*M Fuzz Sound, nicknamed the 'Blue #22'....there are a few components on the board with the value of either 22 or 220, we thought it was kinda like Johnny 5!?!...yea, it was funny at the time, you had to be there I guess.
Extended. Extended is the word. I took the MKIV circuit and stretched it out, dense and yet bright, heavy but crisp. The EQ throw is much more open on both registers, it's a little more full range than midrange with enough amplitude to upset your neighbors neighbor. There are elements taken from both the Grease Box and D*A*M Fuzz Sounds so this is a much more modern sounding fuzz device in many ways, but still, its an archaic circuit so the 70's flavors are very much present. It's still dirty burgers, yellow aviators and too fat an ass stuffed in blue denim.

Super Charged. High stability high quality components on our stock MKIV circuit board powered and lovingly smushed into your ears by a trio of NKTOC84N's, the same device as used in our turquoise and grey Tone Bender MKIV's.
Tune to taste? That funky looking blue structure is a thumb wheel trim pot. This controls your fuzz and sustain levels. The 'factory setting' if you will, is at approx. 90%. There is a little more juice in the can if required, but under test this amount was more than ample for both single coils, humbuckers and even bass instruments. But 'tis there if you need it, fiddlers gonna fiddle.

There are 34 D*A*M Fuzz Sounds in total - numbered #000 through #033.
It's Pigdog and D*A*M par-tay time. Two fuzz boxes to rule them all! Ugh! Did I actually write that?...I did. Oh dear. Any ways, master builder mon frere Williams brings 60's filth en masse with a blue hammerite chocolate latte combo. We deliver a modern day 1970's inspired type affair, kinda like Super Girl after too many pies.

Lastly, units #032 and #033 are one offs. Both have different coloured screen prints to that of the bulk of the project units. #032 being the latte kinda brown, #033 being the yellow. Both have the green meanie OC82D's under the hood. Tonally, giving the pedal a hair more crunch and compression, it really is a minor thing but still noticeable under scrutiny.

Grey/blue font v2 – mid 2018
Batch II of the vintagey specification MKIV's. Slighty darker shade of grey than before that is ever so ever so metallic, very subtle it is. Carbon film resistors in place of the metal film types so it's internally a wee more old timey looking.

If you want true old school MKIV looks and performance. This one is for you.

The Fruit Salad - late 2018 - 3 x NKT84s? - (??)
I could only find one IG post regarding this, will keep an eye out for further info

The evil son of the green bastard (black) - mid 2019 - 2 x green jacket Mullard OC82D, 1 x blue jacket Mullard OC45 - (Cool new project 5.7)
A lean mean fighting machine sporting not only the legendary green jacket Mullard OC82D but also the highly prized blue jacket Mullard OC45. How special is that? Very.
A similar component approach as with the SOTGB.
Tuned around one of my favourite Park MKIV's so expect healthy lower midrange projection with a more open less nasal bark in the higher registers. The transistor selection adds to the open characteristics of the fuzz tone with the OC45 delivering a very sensitive reaction to pick attack and yielding most excellent amplifier interaction qualities - a slightly driven amplifier tone with MKIV's is your friend. Not quite a stout as the SOTGB in the lower registers and slightly boosted in the overall output level making for a Tone Bender circuit that projects extremely well even in a bass dominant band mix. The general flavour is most definitely of a 1970's vintage but with sonic qualities that certainly matches the somewhat its sinister appearance. It's a MKIV on an assassination mission.

There are 50 pieces in the project in total

The X19 - late 2019 - 2 x Brimar AC115s, 1 x Mullard OC82D - (Xmas spesh)
It's red, it's got old timey stuff inside it, and it'll make your guitar sound sexy. Two vintage Brimar AC115's (a few actually say Mazda on them - even more specialer?) and a single Mullard OC82D deliver the magical powers. Kinda like two Mariah Carey's and Christmas tree?!

There are five in the entire known universe. Give the gift of love this year...with a big red fuzz box.

The Devil's Lettuce (satin black units and British racing green units) - early 2020 - 2 x green jacket Mullard OC82Ds 1 x TI 2G374 - (cool new project number 5.8)
It's black and green, and then it's green and blue. It's cool new project number 5.8, but it's kinda like 2 projects in one....and then it isn't. Confused? Yup, I am. Primitive old timey MKIV filth brought to ears by the mighty power of the Texas Instruments 2G374. It's like the Evil Son of the Green Bastard...but more eviler. Much much more.
Based upon Ant's own super clean and super awesome OG Tone Bender MKIV, this is most certainly one for those who dig the old school high bias tuning of the early built Sola Sound units. Compressed with a spongey note attack these broody looking fellows deliver much more of that torn speaker kinda flavour than the greasy dynamics of the later incarnations of the MKIV. Very musical and defined for single note work, goddamn savage with chords, almost comical with bass instruments. It's beautifully brutal.

Transistor line-up consists of two green jacket Mullard OC82D's and a single TI 2G374, though the two OG style green units sport two CV7355 (a military grade 2N1309) in place of the OC82D's. The side mounted control is kinda like a gain control. It basically takes the limiting resistor out of circuit as it is increased, fully closed you are in vintage mode, wide open and you're dropping napalm bombs dosed on LSD. It's sunshine fun times.

There are 14 pieces in the project in total, numbered as so:

#000 - #009 - Satin black n Minty green
#000 - #001 - British Racing green n Navy blue / CV7355 (no led/DC or side mounted gain control)
#002 - #003 - British Racing green n Navy blue

The Joker (Batman logo) - early 2020 - 3 x Mullard OC82D - (Cool new project 5.9)
David, how many variants of the Tone Bender MKIV are you and Danny actually going to make? Yes.
You know you love it. Cool new project 5.9!! The Joker. Fuzz pedals in disguise, A Batman style MKIV tuned with the aggressive sonic majesty of the ESOTGB.
The sonic qualities are as I mention on the ESOTGB page - a healthy midrange punch, excellent tonal projection, outstanding dynamic qualities with lusciously rich fuzz tones akin to pushing butter into your ears. And so forth. The transistor selection consists of three of the magnificent NOS Mullard OC82D. Do we have the worlds supply of these things? Probably, yes. A truly marvellous device made by one of the greatest names in semiconductor manufacture.

There are 25 pieces in the project in total, thus far, (numbered #000 - #024)

Here is where the forum posts start drying up and I have to rely on Macari’s Instagram posts. I’ll try to get some screen grabs from my phone at a later time and update this accordingly. These are also Ant descriptions, while all of the above are Captain descriptions.

The Brazilian (AKA Face peeler) - mid 2020 - 1 x TI2G374(?), 2 green jacket OC82Ds - (Summer spesh)
“The most MK1ish mkiv”
"If you like your mk4 with a bit of a mk1 vibe - this is the one"

The Brazilian Batman aka Homem Morcego (Batman logo) - late 2020 - 1 x TI2G374(?), 2 green jacket OC82Ds - (Brazilian in disguise)
"Brazilian MK1 meets MKIV"

The Catman Fuzz - early 2021 - 4 x OC75 (1 as diode) - (Steve Williams built, Carlsboro tuned?)
So it is with huge gratitude I present Batman with a C as a nod to Carlsboro - I’m calling it . . . . The Catman MKIV Tone Bender by Steve Williams
Steve's bit . . . . . .
I’ve had a number of MKIV’s over the years, mostly silver case batman logos and a few in the various livery types.
One particular one was an early Carlsbro (blue case big C fuzzy FUZZ). The tuning is slightly different but not so much that it detracts from the classic MKIV fuzz. It had a character to it and sounded great. I copied the whole thing exactly, including measuring all the components.
For the transistors, I had a box of unmarked 1960’s black glass devices.
Some of them were labelled Mullard OC75 so I presume Mullard simply forgot to print the rest?
Those transistors that did not make it through the testing and selection process were tested for use as the diode.
The circuit board copper trace is a replica of the traditional 1970’s MKIV’s (photo of one below). It is almost certainly of no interest to most folk, but I used tons of photos and measurements to get the PCB exact to those vintage units, though I thought the original product or serial number could be a bit more exciting so I decided to add ’SOLA SOUND’ and a date to our new one. I etched each and every one of the boards before hand polishing, just to be sure.
Ant again . . . . .
Sound : ok , where do I start . .this MKIV has a sound of its own – there is so much honk and mid its almost cocked wah territory BUT it never becomes mushy , there’s always definition . Even with the tone rolled off totally there is still edge , just the mids become more bassey – very very cool . Treble up full and my volume rolled back – Ron Wood – faces era in an instant . Then stick it between your guitar and a slightly cranked amp and all hell breaks loose .

Kawasaki Green - early 2021 - 2 x NKT212s, 2 x OC82D (1 as diode) - (Hawkwind in a can) 40 made
A mkiv with 2 nkt212s an oc82d and another oc82d in disguise acting as a diode . Its hawkwind in a can
It's voicing is inspired by one of Dave Mains favorite Pedals - a late MKIV in a silver case . . .that's all well and good but the way that sound is achieved in this pedal is totally genius !!!
Four Germanium Transistors ???? 2 NK 212s and 2 OC82Ds . . . . .don't be ridiculous Macari ! A MKIV doesn't have four transistors !
Correct - take a closer look and you'll see one of those transistors has just two legs and is acting as a germanium diode !
The result is the sound . . of freedom - this is a full on mids , wind in your hair , summer saturation of fuzz
have to say the word Hawkwind sprang to mind !

The Bro-zillian - mid 2021 - 1 x green jacket Mullard OC82D, 2 x TI2G374? - (Summer spesh)
It’s a sister pedal to last year’s summer sizzler – the Brazilian. It’s been nicknames the Bro-zillian – more pain involved!!
If you like your tone bender with a bit of MK1 flavour plus some mk4 sizzle then here is this years offering for the summer – This pedal loves the heat – we say in the autumn and winter get your Mk1 , 1.5 and 2 out , in the summer let loose the MK4s !!!
What you get: all the sustain and ballsy sweetness of a vintage MK4 courtesy of the green jacket Mullard OC82D but the gnarl of a MK1 supplied by the two Texas Instrument transistors. The surprising bit is how the usual roll off and clean up works. Instead of the usual crunch to full on fuzz between 7 and 10 on most germanium pedals this one seems to clean up from 5- 8 and then a hot fizz and sizzle is added between 8 and 10 – it’s a nice surprise!! Roll right back and really nasty MK1 gate starts to happen – this pedal really does take you to some new fuzzy places!
There will be 40 in total – all in this crazy tomato soup colour – spicy - to say the least

The Interceptor (black over orange) - late 2021 - 1 x BC179 2 x OC82D (1 as diode) - (Hotrodded hybrid spesh)
Meet ‘The Interceptor ‘ Sola Sound MKIV 2021 , a nightmare of a pedal from the mind of David Main .
This is black sprayed over orange MKIV – can you imagine how cool this thing is going to look with a bit of road wear !!!
Inside , it has evolved from a MKIV but everything is sooped up – replacing the Darlington pair of front end germanium transistors is a high gain silicon BC179 . Our classic Mullard OC82Ds do the rest – that’s a pair in there looking like two green lagged water tanks – one of them is acting as a diode . The volume control reaches regular MKIV volumes at about 8 then goes berserk , the tone control isn’t really a tone control – no huge sweep like a normal MKIV – this is a non attenuated filter , borrowed from the really early Marhall Supa Fuzz MK1 . Everything about this pedal is a little crazy – like it was born in ’74 but hot rodded by a futuristic maniac in the 80s.

The Yellow Zeppelin (yellow over orange – Beaver brown and sky blue) - late 2021 - 3 x NKT OC84s - (67 Rotosound tuned) 40 made
"Is voiced like a sola sound built 69 rotosound mkiii - does an jncredible impression of a mkii , breaks up like a mk 1 and then f#&$s off to mkiv heaven"
If you want to own just one Sola Sound Tone Bender – buy this ! If you already own a bunch of Sola Sound Tone Benders . . . . . . buy this one as well !
Eyes closed test – it could have been a MKII – then rolled back I was getting early Yardbirds MK1 vibes going on . Winding the volume back in and there i was in MKIV heaven – vintage response , maybe due to the Log pot on the volume and super tonal sweep from ear shredding treble to huge ballsy bass tones
This maybe the most practical and versatile MKIV ever !
Dave Main based this on the Sola Sound fuzz we built for Rotosound circa 1967 , famously used by Jimmy Page ( might have only been for one gig – but he used it ! ) . It uses three Newmarket OC84 transistors .

Last edited by hamoftruth on Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 9 times in total.
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

innerflight wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:53 pm Haha you’re such a nerd dude
Hold my beer :badteeth:
All You Need Is Fuzz

Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Great thread!
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
daCod

Post by daCod »

hamoftruth wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:01 pm
innerflight wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:53 pm Haha you’re such a nerd dude
Hold my beer :badteeth:
:hyper: :shocked: :captain: :shocked: :hyper:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Bravo, sir!! I wholeheartedly approve. nerd/10!

...moved to the Sola section for more better record keeping.

FYI - I don't remember most of these pedals. :teeth2:
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

The Captain wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:45 pm Bravo, sir!! I wholeheartedly approve. nerd/10!

...moved to the Sola section for more better record keeping.

FYI - I don't remember most of these pedals. :teeth2:
:party: :freakout: :smashed:
All You Need Is Fuzz