D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender Professional MKII

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

mjkk

Re: D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender Professional MKII

Post by mjkk »

It’s definitely smooth and hifi if you will, examining the circuit there is a small cap tied on the second transistor. I think this helps. Gets rid of a lot of the gating that the last one I had, which was a blue meanie. They are kinda of polar opposites in the mkll world. Im still playing around with it, but for me it’s the perfect tonebender, works really well with single coils too. I’ll give a better update once I spend more time with it. My work week just ended and now I have two days off to really put this to the test.
Matt
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

mjkk wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:05 am It’s definitely smooth and hifi if you will, examining the circuit there is a small cap tied on the second transistor. I think this helps. Gets rid of a lot of the gating that the last one I had, which was a blue meanie. They are kinda of polar opposites in the mkll world. Im still playing around with it, but for me it’s the perfect tonebender, works really well with single coils too. I’ll give a better update once I spend more time with it. My work week just ended and now I have two days off to really put this to the test.
Matt
Nice one mate come back and let us know!
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
windjamma

Post by windjamma »

Incredible score, have not tried the Green barsteward, but i have a Blue meanie and mine doesn't really gate at all, in fact i can run the gain low with no gating and cop a great Beatles Revolver sound out of it.

Congrats on the cool pedal.
daCod

Post by daCod »

matt's got that Green Bastard loaded unit up for sale on Reverb if anyone's interested :tu:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

daCod wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:26 pm matt's got that Green Bastard loaded unit up for sale on Reverb if anyone's interested :tu:
Is that the one for 3,500 on reverb?
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
daCod

Post by daCod »

1bottlerocket wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:40 pm
daCod wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:26 pm matt's got that Green Bastard loaded unit up for sale on Reverb if anyone's interested :tu:
Is that the one for 3,500 on reverb?
[sadly] yes
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
walkingtiger

Post by walkingtiger »

DAMN! My heart skipped a beat thinking the captain updated this page. Some lucky fuck is going to be stoked with that green bastard. Wish I had the funds!!
windjamma

Post by windjamma »

It is a nice pedal but £2300. No fecking chance i would pay that for a pedal.

Glwts though.
DiscoFreq

Post by DiscoFreq »

windjamma wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:32 pm It is a nice pedal but £2300. No fecking chance i would pay that for a pedal.

Glwts though.
If that sells I might consider selling mine :badteeth:
EffectsDatabase: http://www.effectsdatabase.com
26000 pedals, 4000 brands
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

These high prices are reducing the purchasing power of a lot of people and this erosion of real income is the single biggest cost of inflation. Talking about it will draw the ire of some members here, to each their own. It would be a giggle if it weren’t so sad.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty