D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender Professional MKII

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender Professional MKII

Post by The Captain »

Long story short. About 3 years ago Anthony Macari asked me to make some pedals for Colorsound. A certain grey pedal to be exact. It is is now an occurrence. I'm very proud to say that I am now working with the fine gents at Colorsound and will be making their reissue Professional MKII Tone Bender. I don't really think I need make any explanation on the pedal itself but in a nutshell, its made as closely as possible to the real deal whilst making a pedal that I consider to be cost effective. For me personally its the culmination of approx 5 years research on the original Sola Sound Pro MKII's. When I made the first few D*A*M replicas back in 2004 my end goal was to eventually make a version in a fat assed enclsore like the originals so its kinda trippy to finally be rocking that shit.

What's inside?

The first 100 units will have Mullard OC84's (huge thanks to Donovan and Ryan for hooking me up with these!) along with Mullard and Iskra capacitors. The build style is as you'd find in an original Sola Sound MKII. The wiring is a tad looser than I would normally do but there is lot of space in these cases and the thing I am aiming for here is authenticity. The OC84's are really an ideal candidate for the MKII circuit. They give the best of both worlds. They give the lowest gain possible, aside form the old Impex devices, with the Attack set fully off and easily as much gain as a good set of OC75's but with a hair less noise when maxed out. Both Anthony and Stave Macari are keen to have a pedal reflective of where they are at now and whist the MKII is quite obviously a fuzz box of things gone by having the Mullard OC84's in the mix adds a new twist on the usual suspects that you'd expect to see in such a pedal.

Where do I get one?

Macari's. The other very cool thing for me on this project is that I am purely a pedal builder, I dig this greatly. I build the shit....and then build some more shit. In other words, I don't have anything to do the retail kinda stuff. If you are interested in this project you get you paws on one via the Coloround gents at Macari's in London. Please do not ask myself or Donovan to hook you up as we cannot.

http://www.macaris.co.uk/

How many?

100 to start with. I aiming to have 10 or so pieces to them every couple of weeks but this is a slow and steady thing. I ain't rushing this. It gets done when its done and it gets done right.

Dave, I thought you had done with the MKII?

Ah, well, if you read either mine or Donovan's postings on this subject it clearly states D*A*M MKII :marx: This is a Colorsound reissue of their original 1960's Sola Sound unit, it is not a D*A*M pedal.

As I previously stated when I discontinued the D*A*M MKII's I will still fulfil the current orders and as promptly as I possibly can.

...I'll grab some tastier gut shots when its not pissing with rain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds

OC84

OC75

MKII new batch announcements

Batch II ...got it's own thread for some reason.

Batch III

Batch IV ...inside

Batch IV ...outside

Batch IV 2018
1bottlerocket

Re: D*A*M/Sola Sound Professional MKII

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Here we go!!!!! :badlove:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

:tu:
Philip

Post by Philip »

:badteeth:
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

owww shit! run for youer lives!!!
So WE gotta WRITE AN E MAIL to macari's?
Live Slow... Die old...
capricorn_1

Post by capricorn_1 »

wicked!
Ghost Effects, Birmingham, UK

the Sizzle Hills are Chapel Perilous - Sickle
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

!
:headpop:
L O V E
kb892

Post by kb892 »

God D*A*M!
Braden

Post by Braden »

This is so cool! Are some of these ready to go through Macari's?
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I sent my e-mail before my post, so hopefully soon!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty