Turkish

Re: D*A*M/Sola Sound Tone Bender MKI.5

Post by Turkish »

Beauty. Wish I could play one of these.
"The Meathead is supposed to break things" -The Captain
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

you know sometimes i forget just how beautiful our pedals are !
Been a while since we made any Goldies
Im on the phone tomorrow !!!!
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

MKI.5 with OC75's. Gnarlier and rougher sounding than the OC84 model. :rainbow2:

Also, it's copper, or bronze, or brown, or red...the thing is a damn chameleon! :oops:

________________________________________________________________________________
“You really are a chameleon, aren't you? Fitting in wherever you go. Aren't we all?”
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

GLD_16_08.JPG
Batch #3. It's gold, but more gold. The plan was to make these minus the sneaky little R/C mod, the 'dirty hippie' mod as it's affectionately become known. Warm weather. Sounds like ass. Point proven. Said it before, I'll say it again. The MKI.5 circuit with the OC75's is very very unstable. Too much of a temperature swing either which way and your pleasing fuzz tone becomes a horn section of farting bears wielding broken trumpets.
The basic modification I first implemented on the Puke Bender simply gives the circuit greater breathing room at warmer temperatures with the OC75's installed. As I've stated before, it does not alter the original tone of the circuit nor is it akin to re-biasing the circuit with a trimmer pot or other such witchcraft. Side by side with a good example of a vintage MKI.5 it is the same deal, just this won't sound like ass biscuits on a warm summer day. Oh, and it's gold. Did I mention that?

FYI - I've added links to new batch announcements on page 1, just in case you want to check details, pictures, sound clips blah, blah, blah

a few greasy lookin' pics...
GLD_16_06.JPG
GLD_16_16.JPG
GLD_16_13.JPG
:party:
Coolhand78

Post by Coolhand78 »

thats a sexy bitch...!
"Yorkshire isn't a place. Yorkshire is a state of mind." ~ Howard Moon
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

oh yeah, FYI part II - the numbering on these continues from the Puke Bender, being as it's the same circuit type.
Pahathuasyndicate

Post by Pahathuasyndicate »

Last edited by Pahathuasyndicate on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

Wow, that's a bitchin' color!! I feel Scrooge McDuck :drool2:
sluttyindian

Post by sluttyindian »

Will there be any made without the mod? I want to achieve this horn section of farting bears wielding broken trumpets tone. I think it could nail the sound in my head that I have been looking for ages
"These pedals are like women, when you need one there's none around. When you finally get in a serious relationship with one, they come out of the woodwork." -Turkish
get_with_it
Sola Sound London

Post by get_with_it »

So - I have a dilemma !

I have a 1.5 waiting list , with lots of names and copper/goldie next to them

So this is gold but with the copper circuit - who do i inform ??

Do some people want the pedal because its Gold ? Do other folks want it for the OC75 ??

Ive decided to treat all on the list as a potential buyer and ask for clarification

Also - this list is a bit of a mess as there are notes on it that I obviously understood when I wrote them but now I have absolutely no idea what hey mean - so this is actually a long overdue exercise

I think its only fair that I offer them to the people who have been waiting so long before I start a new dirty hippy/bear fart/broken trumpet list

please dont kill me

:)

Ant

:choke: