These go to 11...

A fuzz box that looks like H.P Lovecraft’s remote control.

Moderator: The Captain

Post Reply
User avatar
stella_blues
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:11 pm
Location: Auld Reekie

Re: These go to 11...

Post by stella_blues » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:23 am

It looks fuckin ace...inside and outside

We need some clips pleeze


I've probably been smoking too much but the guts remind me of :bigteeth:
User avatar
DucRyder
Posts: 4283
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Post by DucRyder » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Just for the record, I'd like to point out to anyone who thinks that because something is a smaller batch, or more rare makes it somehow more "amazing" or "cooler" than some other D*A*M pedals that every fuzz coming out of the D*A*M / Emanating Fist / Rogue Sounds ship is made by the very same two unique people. If you snag a Tonebender, Meathead, Fuzz Sound, Dope Preist, Hatchet Harry, Head Buzz, Grease Box GB-80, GB-83, Fuzzrong etc, etc, you've got a piece of soul made with the very same hands and the very same unique understanding of what's good. Lots of White Whales in these waters for sure but as far as any Hierarchy goes it's all arbitrary... And really misses the whole point. What does it sound like when you plug it in?
Last edited by DucRyder on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
User avatar
daCod
Posts: 8881
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: BunzTown NE

Re:

Post by daCod » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:59 pm

DucRyder wrote:Just for the record, I'd like to point out to anyone who thinks that because something is a smaller batch, or more rare makes it somehow more "amazing" or "cooler" than some other D*A*M pedals that every fuzz coming out of the D*A*M / Emanating Fist / Rogue Sounds ship is made by the very same two unique people. If you snag a Tonebender, Meathead, Fuzz Sound, Dope Preist, Hatchet Harry, Head Buzz, Grease Box GB-80, GB-83, Fuzzrong etc, etc, you've got a piece of soul made with the very same hands and made with the very same unique understanding of what's good. Lots of White Whales in these waters for sure but as far as any Hierarchy goes it's all arbitrary...
Could not agree more! Dave & Linz deliver serious shit that goes above and beyond the norm. from Meat Head to Fuzzsound, Superbee to Sonic Titan, the shit is REAL :freakout:
DucRyder wrote:And really misses the whole point. What does it sound like when you plug it in?
The world must know Duc, exactly what DOES it sound like when you plug it in :badteeth:
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

all you need is love baby, you're a rich man :tu:
User avatar
Lee
Posts: 1776
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Transylvania

Re: These go to 11...

Post by Lee » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Yes please I have to know also. I asked for a demo earlier. What does this beauty sound like?
User avatar
DucRyder
Posts: 4283
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Re:

Post by DucRyder » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:06 pm

:party:
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
User avatar
mjkk
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:11 am

Post by mjkk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:04 pm

I was able to plug mine in yesterday for a good hour or so and boy it is awsome. The knobs kinda work like the FR-70, with the volume and depth dial. Voiced inbetween a Supa MKI and a MKII, maybe a little buzzaround thrown in? Literaly has infinate sustain, I can hold out single notes and chords for seemingly forever, no joke. LIquid but has grit and body if that makes sence.
This was a pedal that I have been chasing for years (as a lot of you know) and am soo grateful to have this beast.
Thought I'd chime in, but I won't be able to provide clips for a bit, but I know Duc can deliver :hihi:
Big big thanks to Dave, thanks again Cap't!
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
User avatar
DucRyder
Posts: 4283
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Re:

Post by DucRyder » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:43 pm

mjkk wrote:I was able to plug mine in yesterday for a good hour or so and boy it is awsome. The knobs kinda work like the FR-70, with the volume and depth dial. Voiced inbetween a Supa MKI and a MKII, maybe a little buzzaround thrown in? Literaly has infinate sustain, I can hold out single notes and chords for seemingly forever, no joke. LIquid but has grit and body if that makes sence.
This was a pedal that I have been chasing for years (as a lot of you know) and am soo grateful to have this beast.
Thought I'd chime in, but I won't be able to provide clips for a bit, but I know Duc can deliver :hihi:
Big big thanks to Dave, thanks again Cap't!
It would be interesting to hear what different people end up with sonically using different rigs, guitars, and mics.
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
User avatar
agoldoor
Posts: 1006
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by agoldoor » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:56 pm

How many of these were built?
User avatar
mjkk
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:11 am

Post by mjkk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:01 pm

6
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
User avatar
pothole
Posts: 825
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:51 am
Location: b o i s e

Post by pothole » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 pm

congrats y'all, those are ace.

my world..
gone.jpg
gone.jpg (186.78 KiB) Viewed 1927 times
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest