Dark Flesh - Thaumaturge

A fuzz box that looks like H.P Lovecraft’s remote control.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Re: Dark Flesh - Thaumaturge

Post by The Captain »

prince_of_darkness.JPG
prince_of_darkness.JPG (432.95 KiB) Viewed 3663 times
UK residents shall be receiving darkness before the end of the day. All international citizens before the close of the week.

To say that this build was a trip down the rabbit hole is an understatement.

Enjoy gentlemen :party:
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Looking forward to peoples thoughts on this incredible monster of fuzz

Different tones discovered every time I plug in, mind blown every time
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

It sounds great. I’ve only had a few minutes with it though (childcare responsibilities suck!)

First thoughts, how versatile the light/dark knob is, the “fidelity” is really apparent (I don’t know how you can have a filthy/dirty/hi Fi fuzz but this is one), string separation is great, was getting excellent tones at every setting, not too squishy/compressed, really jumps out with snarling midrange

Can’t wait to put it through its paces tomorrow when I get some time on my own (and some cans of lager).
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

Looks so bad ass, well done Captain
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
LiquoredLiam

Post by LiquoredLiam »

This is Haute Couture ! Amazed and grateful to witness these dark beauties :headpop:
daCod

Post by daCod »

next level shit right here. dave done did go and punt that bar off the already ridiculously high setting straight into orbit :headpop:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

Managed to get an hour of so last night with this beast of a fuzz box…even with the amp at whisper levels the sustain and gain levels are something to behold :headpop:
So many tones to be found using the range of the tone and sustain controls combined with slight volume reductions on the guitar…..low guitar volume gives gritty nearly clean tones through to around 7/8:with the volume giving what would normally be considered a full fuzz sound, Dopes to Infinity intro riff sounds epic here ….whack the guitar vol up full and this thing just roars into life, staying tight and not flubby on the low strings with great separation between notes on all strings.
If you think a muff at full whack has serious sustain wait till you hear this one with the tone and sustain knobs cranked fully clockwise. It virtually plays the into to Pink Floyds Sorrow all by itself, no mean feat at TV volume levels.

Hopefully I’ll get a chance to hear the DF wielded in anger through a louder amp later today, it’s absolutely amazing at really low volumes so I’ve got a feeling things are going to get epic.
Top drawer fuzz box and may overtake my og Fleshhead as king bastard :freakout:
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

stella_blues wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:51 pm Top drawer fuzz box and may overtake my og Fleshhead as king bastard :freakout:
:shocked:

Ok then I suppose I’ll take it off your hands :popcorn:

Glad your digging it so far guys. I’ll forever be amazed that Dave took my request and sent it to the stratosphere
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Ok I’ve spent some time with this fucker now and I’m totally blown away. I’ve played it with my high headroom Mesa Studio Caliber into a 2x12 and my JCM800 2205 into the same cab. I’ve used a strat with Foley No1s, a tele with fender broadcaster pups, an SG,with 61 BB pups, a 339 with Wizz pickups and a Les Paul Custom with 490s

It can do mk2, mk3, fuzz face, Meathead, big muff tones. The amount of gain, volume and sustain is ridiculous. The harmonics you can get is another thing, it sings with high notes, fluid, flutey, warm leads, not overly compressed. The low notes are full and fat, full frequency though not just muddy bass, cutting mids and enough highs to shine.

Iain isn’t wrong, the versatility is superb.

3 beers down. Going back for more!

*edit* - it LOVES humbuckers. I’m not generally a fan of the 490s in my LPC, but wow.
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

innerflight wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:09 pmI’ll forever be amazed that Dave took my request and sent it to the stratosphere
Thanks both! I’m not a sycophant when it comes to fuzz, but hats off - Amazing stuff :badlove: