September Sound

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Bigfoot2000

Re: September Sound

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

I’m not 100% sure but Tate told me that the September Sound Bass Fuzz is a “big muff type” circuit and that it distorts in a similar way to a rams head, but the tone circuit is different. He said a big muff type tone has a “valley” around 1khz. The bass fuzz tone has a “valley” around 400hz. I’ve never tried a Colorsound Bass Fuzz so can’t compare. My understanding is that the Colorsound Bass Fuzz and the Supa & Jumbo are really close to the big muff circuit?

It absolutely crushes. I’m still getting used to it! Definitely sounds like a muff, maybe a bit smoother. As you know, September Sound pedals come with so many switches and this has internal switches too.
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

The supa is essentially a big muff. The jumbo takes out one of the transistors/gain stages. Usually those september sound pedals have some switches for selecting the diodes and adding different germanium or silicon transistors I wonder if the bass version has the option to take a transistor out of the circuit. The jumbo generally allows for more of a clean bass tone to come through the tone.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Been MIA for a while but I got the Capricious Red during the interim.

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

Yoooooo that is crazy beautiful !
L O V E
LiquoredLiam

Post by LiquoredLiam »

Capricious red is a mean Comrade fuzz maybe ? :hihi:
This looks fantastic.
LiquoredLiam

Post by LiquoredLiam »

So this landed to my home on Wednesday, took it the next day at rehearsal to try it first on the big amp :badteeth:
Right out of the box it sounded awesome ! Huge sounds, full-bodied not overly mid-scooped, a bright top end and a big creamy low end hits you straight up ! Holds drop C tuning easily with a very satisfying string definition. No cleans available turning your volume pot down but you get all sorts of overdriven sounds till you're at full tilt hearing this thing roar. I only had time to mess up with the input filter to tailor the sound to my amp and tuning. Foolishly I was expecting little results... :banger: this control let you fine tune the sound, not as wide as the tone control though but very effective. I can't wait to dive in more with the possibilities it has to offer.
The Rooster was used to tighten things up allowing percussive palm muted riffs, a trusted basterd who never failed me and have a permanent stay on my board.
:freakout:
Attachments
September_Sound.V8.jpg
September_Sound.V8.jpg (581.96 KiB) Viewed 454 times
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

LiquoredLiam wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:54 pm So this landed to my home on Wednesday, took it the next day at rehearsal to try it first on the big amp :badteeth:
Right out of the box it sounded awesome ! Huge sounds, full-bodied not overly mid-scooped, a bright top end and a big creamy low end hits you straight up ! Holds drop C tuning easily with a very satisfying string definition. No cleans available turning your volume pot down but you get all sorts of overdriven sounds till you're at full tilt hearing this thing roar. I only had time to mess up with the input filter to tailor the sound to my amp and tuning. Foolishly I was expecting little results... :banger: this control let you fine tune the sound, not as wide as the tone control though but very effective. I can't wait to dive in more with the possibilities it has to offer.
The Rooster was used to tighten things up allowing percussive palm muted riffs, a trusted basterd who never failed me and have a permanent stay on my board.
:freakout:
LOVE the look of these, congrats!!!
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
LiquoredLiam

Post by LiquoredLiam »

Thank you buddy. Hard to capture the nuances with my phone so I had to cheat with filters to give an idea... :mrgreen:
:cheers:
Tin Shack King

Post by Tin Shack King »

Sweet!
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Nice one.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty