The Setup of the Day Thread

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Bigfoot2000

Re: The Setup of the Day Thread

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

This is a crazy setup, the Slowly Melting is pure craziness and the Mood just sits in the background lapping it all up.
Attachments
4A495CBE-2EAA-46C4-BFA9-2A72869EF218.jpeg
4A495CBE-2EAA-46C4-BFA9-2A72869EF218.jpeg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1127 times
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

Bigfoot2000 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:44 pm This is a crazy setup, the Slowly Melting is pure craziness and the Mood just sits in the background lapping it all up.
Yoooooo how do you like that reverb unit? I have been thinking about one of those. Would love to hear how it’s working with your fuzzes.
L O V E
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Robapov wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:54 pm
Yoooooo how do you like that reverb unit? I have been thinking about one of those. Would love to hear how it’s working with your fuzzes.
It’s seriously good, man. I love it. Being able to control the decay and the tone is awesome. I also have the SurfyDrip switch, so I can have two levels of reverb available (I usually have the drip switch with the master all the way down so I go from on to off).

Works great with fuzz.

I bought the SurfyPan upgrade for it but the old pan is just as good IMO.

I run it in front of my Magnatone 210 combo and it’s absolutely killer. My JCM800 head has shitty reverb, so this works great with that head too. It works nicely into a gritty broken up amp as well as a clean amp.

Grab one you won’t look back!
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

Taking my new '84 Big Muff for a spin. Someone on my IG described the V6 as loose and wild and I think that nails it.
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
Tin Shack King

Post by Tin Shack King »

Sweet!
:freakout:
Lach

Post by Lach »

sovtekfuzz wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:34 pm Image

Taking my new '84 Big Muff for a spin. Someone on my IG described the V6 as loose and wild and I think that nails it.
That would have been me! And yeah, after being into Ram's Heads for years that, when you get a good one, are so tight and ripping and precise, the V6 was a real breath of fresh air and totally dragged my ear elsewhere. I miss mine, I told my mate in Japan that if he could ever find me a Zorga Machine I'd trade him for it, he didn't muck about and the V6 is gone... at least I know it's in great hands!
Attachments
20200731_165536.jpg
20200731_165536.jpg (274.89 KiB) Viewed 969 times
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

Lach wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:02 am
sovtekfuzz wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:34 pm Image

That would have been me! And yeah, after being into Ram's Heads for years that, when you get a good one, are so tight and ripping and precise, the V6 was a real breath of fresh air and totally dragged my ear elsewhere. I miss mine, I told my mate in Japan that if he could ever find me a Zorga Machine I'd trade him for it, he didn't muck about and the V6 is gone... at least I know it's in great hands!
Ahh yes! I know where it ended up, indeed it went to a true muff fan! That black/red/white is my favorite color scheme, sadly I have never seen one for sale, and this blue one I just got is the first one of its kind I've seen for sale as well. Maybe someday!
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

Bigfoot2000 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:33 pm
Robapov wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:54 pm
It’s seriously good, man. I love it. Being able to control the decay and the tone is awesome. I also have the SurfyDrip switch, so I can have two levels of reverb available (I usually have the drip switch with the master all the way down so I go from on to off).

Works great with fuzz.

I bought the SurfyPan upgrade for it but the old pan is just as good IMO.

I run it in front of my Magnatone 210 combo and it’s absolutely killer. My JCM800 head has shitty reverb, so this works great with that head too. It works nicely into a gritty broken up amp as well as a clean amp.

Grab one you won’t look back!
Thank you for this!!! I think I may take the plunge. Great review
L O V E
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

Some Monolith fun today
windjamma

Post by windjamma »

Them monolith's look amazing. :freakout: