The Setup of the Day Thread

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I guess I remember that :hmm: but I never actually got a chance to try it out...I'd love to borrow it from you sometime! :listening: Those Yamaha synths are really great, they have such a distinct sound from moogs.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
SonicVI

Re: The Setup of the Day Thread

Post by SonicVI »

Not so much a setup as just stuff all together.
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

This is my setup of everyday. I don't switch my gear out much. Bolin LP into 6v6 Komet proto or BlockHead JTM50 w/DAM FZ676 or B-13 Boost mix and match at will into 1970 red Marshall w/ original bass cone 30 waters or a Rio Grande 4x12 made for BG with 20 & 25 watters (anyone have a spare green 20 watt magnet cover??)
002.JPG
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

That's awesome setup SonicVI, but you need some humbuckers. :badteeth: You've got some really nice amps though. That's the "Vox" you made right? I'd like to build one as a project, but I'm not capable enough to start a build from scratch. Incredible collection of guitars and gear, some grail pieces there for sure.

Now DuckRyder has got my kind of setup. Les Paul with humbuckers and Marshalls. :crackjam:
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Thanks! The Crestwood has mini-humbuckers and the the Gretsch a TV Jones Power Tron.
Yeah, that's the AC30 I built. The cabinet is from North Coast Music. It didn't feel right having it say Vox since I build it, so I changed it to XO.
Last edited by SonicVI on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want to write rock lyrics you must learn about where the Hobbits dwell."
agoldoor

Post by agoldoor »

What all is on your pedalboard there Daniel? I think I spot a VB-2, menatone pig... what else ya got thar? Is that an MKI you built yourself, or...?
SonicVI

Post by SonicVI »

Hot Cake, Menatone TBIAC, Pig, VB-2, my own MK1 and Klone, Italian Vox Cry Baby, EB VP Jr, Radial Twin Cities ABY, Turbo Tuner, and that black box on the upper left is going to be for switches for the amp trem, outboard reverb and term, leslie, and tape echo when I get one.
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

I guess I should have said PAF style buckers. lol. That said, the mini-humbuckers sound really great in your first Menatone Pig demo, and I've always wanted to try a powertron equipped guitar. Your board is nice, a lot of cool stuff on there. Just your MKI, VB-2, and an Italian Vox Cry Baby alone are incredible. Yeah, I hear you about the name tag thing, but I'm a sucker for vintage looks. If I ever sold my Marshall build I would take the Marshall logo off, but when will I ever sell it? lol.
jerms

Post by jerms »

:badteeth:
Attachments
IMG_3059.jpg
Rygar

Post by Rygar »

Early morning - just opened this weeks mail - Pig Dog Loony and Dope Priest into Marshall Micro Stack. More coffee - these pedals make me play heavy metal. like Judas Priest