Post your Meat!

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

freddy_von

Re: Post your Meat!

Post by freddy_von »

Very nice!
Funky Druid

Post by Funky Druid »

:cthulhu2:
Attachments
M27_front.jpg
M27_front.jpg (162.26 KiB) Viewed 4137 times
M27_guts.jpg
M27_guts.jpg (240.29 KiB) Viewed 4137 times
Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz »

That looks kick ass! :freakout: Congrats!

How does the low end compare to the M13 and Meat Dark?
Logic should not interfere with determination
Funky Druid

Post by Funky Druid »

Fuzzz wrote:That looks kick ass! :freakout: Congrats!

Agree, it looks great. Really dig this Dove Grey finish with this black knobs.. :tu:

I don't have M-13 or Dark with me now so cannot compare side by side, but actually I dig more old tuned Meatheads, not fan of low end here now :)

But I guess it is more open, balanced and responsive than previous Meats that I had and it's biased differently a bit.
If you want more vintage fuzz face with tones with great clean-up you can roll back Attack a bit and set Treble somewhere in first quarter, if you need old mid Meat sounds - just dime Attack and set Treble around 3, if you need to sludge, roll back Treble and you can start moving walls. It's all there.
I love one knob approach, but 3 knob control is really very useful here, especially Treble.

:party:
freddy_von

Post by freddy_von »

Agreed. I could dial in almost every version of the Meathead I've played with the M-27.
sluttyindian

Post by sluttyindian »

M-27 FTW!!!! Nice one Druid!
"These pedals are like women, when you need one there's none around. When you finally get in a serious relationship with one, they come out of the woodwork." -Turkish
Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz »

Funky Druid wrote:
Fuzzz wrote:That looks kick ass! :freakout: Congrats!

Agree, it looks great. Really dig this Dove Grey finish with this black knobs.. :tu:

I don't have M-13 or Dark with me now so cannot compare side by side, but actually I dig more old tuned Meatheads, not fan of low end here now :)

But I guess it is more open, balanced and responsive than previous Meats that I had and it's biased differently a bit.
If you want more vintage fuzz face with tones with great clean-up you can roll back Attack a bit and set Treble somewhere in first quarter, if you need old mid Meat sounds - just dime Attack and set Treble around 3, if you need to sludge, roll back Treble and you can start moving walls. It's all there.
I love one knob approach, but 3 knob control is really very useful here, especially Treble.

:party:
freddy_von wrote:Agreed. I could dial in almost every version of the Meathead I've played with the M-27.
Cheers guys for the info! :cheers:

It sounds like I need to pick one up at some point then! :party:
Logic should not interfere with determination
nad

Post by nad »

I found the perfect spot for the sticker. It works so well there, like an added surprise!

Still trying to figure out how to work this wee bitch in unto my own personal bassdumb.

Sounds so BIG and ANGRY at home, that I am determined to shove it into a mix! :cthulhu2:
"'Tis a world of creditors, of which the tomb and the worm are the last. There is little left for the devil, when these have taken their due account."
--The Skeleton
acidwash

Post by acidwash »

:heandsup: Megaton Meat Gang, arrowhead formation, prepare for attack :heandsup:

#39 Psychedelic Hammer 2005, #73 African Violet 2006, #163 "faux" psyche metallic red head 2007, #10 fleshy head extra 2008, #44 Dark black on black.
Yggdrazil

Post by Yggdrazil »

Nice collection Bryan! :crackjam:
Which one is your favorite?
Instagram:@Stonefly_effects

The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world.>David Fair