Arbiter Fuzz Face NKT275 (Marcons) [DATA DUMP]

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Electric Warrior

Re: Arbiter Fuzz Face NKT275 (Marcons) [DATA DUMP]

Post by Electric Warrior »

The electrolytic caps are branded Marcon.
Everything is transitional.
atodovax

Post by atodovax »

Electric Warrior wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:45 pm The threshold would be different for every pedal. The bias in these varies a lot.
Im still trying to be able to make a usable fuzz with the hfe and leakage meassurements given in this trhead earlier. But with q1 leakage being 300ua + or - its almost impossible to make to Fuzz work above 25c. It would be great to know at what temperatures where those meassurements taken...
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

Well, I would always trust my own ears and not try to force it into a mold. If it doesn't sound right, then that's all there is to it. I would also be wary of any measurements published online, especially if their presentation is as confusing as on the first pages of this thread. I also feel bad for all the old fuzzes being torn apart for measurements. If you can't figure it out without pulling the transistors, you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.
Condolences, the bums lost!
vanguard

Post by vanguard »

Laundromat wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:34 pm Well, I would always trust my own ears and not try to force it into a mold. If it doesn't sound right, then that's all there is to it. I would also be wary of any measurements published online, especially if their presentation is as confusing as on the first pages of this thread. I also feel bad for all the old fuzzes being torn apart for measurements. If you can't figure it out without pulling the transistors, you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.
Agree on all points
https://blackstrapelectrik.com/

Has anyone seen an Englishman called Gavin?
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

Electric Warrior wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:09 pm The electrolytic caps are branded Marcon.
Were the Marcons the first caps used in Arbiter Fuzz Faces, and then they switched to blue Phillips or something? :hmm:
Last edited by fernieite on Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

blue philips were first
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

Presumably the Fuzz Faces with the 'early graphics' came first, but then the units with Marcons (which I think, so far, have always been in the 'later graphics' cases?) have the same value input cap as the MK1.5 :hmm:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

How beautiful! That is a serious score.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by atodovax »

Laundromat wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:34 pm Well, I would always trust my own ears and not try to force it into a mold. If it doesn't sound right, then that's all there is to it. I would also be wary of any measurements published online, especially if their presentation is as confusing as on the first pages of this thread. I also feel bad for all the old fuzzes being torn apart for measurements. If you can't figure it out without pulling the transistors, you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.
Yeah you are right. But it seems (not only from this post) that those old Nkt`s were quite leaky and low gain. I wonder if those vintage units can work outside Uk. say in a temperature above 80 degrees.