First DAM help

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

2guests

Re: First DAM help

Post by 2guests »

Starting with a Lucy and then going for a custom Castledine is a big jump.
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
underorbit

Post by underorbit »

2guests wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:11 pm Starting with a Lucy and then going for a custom Castledine is a big jump.
Lol okay, In what way? Castledine fuzzes seem like they’re on par with DAM and Stu was very helpful in his emails back and forth.

This isn’t the first fuzz pedal I’ve owned, but I must seem inexperienced since I’ve asked for some help here. “Custom” work could mean anything, i.e. a stock MKII with different artwork.

Maybe try to offer some insight instead of putting the idea down.
2guests

Post by 2guests »

:lol: I'm not putting your idea down. I know exactly what you are doing. You are about to become a high-end fuzz addict!

"Stu was very helpful in his emails back and forth", Yup, and that's how they get you hooked. :freakout:

You'll be scanning a thread and out of the darkness someone will whisper, "Psst, you really like that MK II...here, you should really try out this custom MK 1.5/Rangemaster combo. I'll make you a good deal on shipping." :cheers:

Hi, I'm 2guests, and I'm a fuzz addict.

innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Yes its a slippery slope man, get out while you still can :hihi:

seriously though, a custom build from Stu is a pretty awesome place to be :tu:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
underorbit

Post by underorbit »

2guests wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:56 pm :lol: I'm not putting your idea down. I know exactly what you are doing. You are about to become a high-end fuzz addict!

"Stu was very helpful in his emails back and forth", Yup, and that's how they get you hooked. :freakout:

You'll be scanning a thread and out of the darkness someone will whisper, "Psst, you really like that MK II...here, you should really try out this custom MK 1.5/Rangemaster combo. I'll make you a good deal on shipping." :cheers:

Hi, I'm 2guests, and I'm a fuzz addict.
My bad. Cranky morning written post, late night out.

Should get the Lucifer today so I’ll report back. Thanks to everybody who chimed in. Really dig this board and fellow fuzz freaks.
2guests

Post by 2guests »

When we think "Custom Castledine" around here it's usually not about artwork....

You will have fun with all the fuzzes! You will fit in well here. :tu:

underorbit

Post by underorbit »

I got the Lucifer Rising in about a week ago, but didn’t really have time to use it much. I was supposed to have a gig on the 25th, but cut my hand at work and needed 6 stitches so all guitar playing was put on hold for a while and was worried if I’d done some serious damage. Luckily I’m fine and was just fatty tissue, so I’ve been sneaking some riffs in.

Here’s the pics

Signed by the Captain and sporting a pair of Mullard OC84s and a Mullard OC42. Really cool fuzz, haven’t had a TB style before, but have played a few and really dig the sonic characteristics of it.

I really like how the treble never gets too harsh and that’s with my Tele or Jaguar. The clean up is there, but not full on sparkly lightly overdriven thing, which is cool and useful for some stuff I do.

I do this thing with my Prescription Experience and a Zvex Super Duper, running them into each other, the SD2n1 kind of doing a Marshall-esque breakup with the Experience fuzzed out. The Lucifer doesn’t like this and gets totally neutered by the SD2n1. I’m not tripping, I wanna use it on its own anyways. There’s such complex tones inside this beast of a pedal.

Overall really stoked and now just gotta buy a million dollars worth of other fuzzes.
2guests

Post by 2guests »

^ That's an appropriate inscription for your 1st Dam!

My two favorite ZVex pedals are the FF and SHO.

Philip

Post by Philip »

:tu:
ZaidAli95

Post by ZaidAli95 »