September Sound

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Lee

Re: September Sound

Post by Lee »

1bottlerocket wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:43 pm I just got the PayPal invoice for the Violetta dark side. I can hardly wait for it. This will be my third September Sound.

I wish David would jump back in with some muff style builds.
Those new Dope Priests are amazing I have all three big boxes. Tim if you haven’t tried them you should. I can’t decide on a favorite.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Lee wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:14 pm
1bottlerocket wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:43 pm I just got the PayPal invoice for the Violetta dark side. I can hardly wait for it. This will be my third September Sound.

I wish David would jump back in with some muff style builds.
Those new Dope Priests are amazing I have all three big boxes. Tim if you haven’t tried them you should. I can’t decide on a favorite.
I have tried them, and I agree they are awesome. I just have not seen any direct sales for a long time now. I really like the EFE Particle series too.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

I've been watching like a hawk for a Dope Priest drop at Joe's. Based on sound clips I've heard of different Muff varieties, I might like the Triangle and Violet Ram most? But I'm still very lacking in Muff knowledge or subjective experience.
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

Bigfoot2000 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:50 am Wow, blown away by how amazing this is.

Violetta v2 “Dark Side”.

The variety of sounds you can get is incredible, and they’re all great. The hype is definitely really. Tate is a genius!
Placed my order for one today! :freakout:
My first Big Muff purchase since I bought an EHX "Tone Wicker" probably over 10 years ago.
All You Need Is Fuzz

Good Dealings /w - SovtekFuzz, Doctor X, daCod, dangergirlstarship, TeleSoul, sideasoundlab, DBBlues
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

hamoftruth wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:59 pm
Bigfoot2000 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:50 am Wow, blown away by how amazing this is.

Violetta v2 “Dark Side”.

The variety of sounds you can get is incredible, and they’re all great. The hype is definitely really. Tate is a genius!
Placed my order for one today! :freakout:
My first Big Muff purchase since I bought an EHX "Tone Wicker" probably over 10 years ago.
Congratulations man!
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

You love it, which one did you get hamoftruth?
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

mjkk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:52 am You love it, which one did you get hamoftruth?
Violetta v2 Dark Side :badlove:
All You Need Is Fuzz

mjkk

Post by mjkk »

hamoftruth wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:38 pm
mjkk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:52 am You love it, which one did you get hamoftruth?
Congratulations Man 🤟
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
hamoftruth

Post by hamoftruth »

mjkk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:11 pm
hamoftruth wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:38 pm
Congratulations Man 🤟
Thanks! Very excited to try out a boutique Muff. :freakout:
All You Need Is Fuzz

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I’ve almost pulled the trigger on a Roshi elk muff a few times. The og elk I have is one of my favorite triangle muffs ever. The Roshi stuff is super reasonably priced too. I had a sept sound red muff for a while. Very nice product…those circuit boards he uses are super thick!! I found it to be pretty “hifi” sounding compared to an old muff. Not that that is a bad thing. But it certainly had its own thing going on. Has anyone here tried one of those Noel Cornet muffs? Another japanese builder that looks to be making an interesting product.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")