Who makes the best small box FF style pedal?

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Bigfoot2000

Re: Who makes the best small box FF style pedal?

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

I have a NKT275 Analogman sunface which sounds the same as my friend’s Pigdog Spaceface with NKT275

Can also recommend Charlie Pedals as a builder he just made me a Supa Mk2 which is absolutely killer (thanks Doc for publicising Charlie Pedals, what a nice guy and sick builder)
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
MarVit78

Post by MarVit78 »

I had my eyes on Charlie Pedals stuff but with brexit now I should pay VAT and other duty stuff... very annoying! :(
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

2guests wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:18 am Diaz...LOL! GFL finding a real one of those. It would be a nice score!
There's several on Reverb now...you'll pay an arm and a leg is all. :hihi: I sold my last two Diaz' this year since pedal prices are nuts.
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Jazzmann

Post by Jazzmann »

Haha, there obviously are options! Thanks guys!
Is the Analogman Sunface on the same level as the offerings from more specified fuzzbuilders you think?
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

I had a red dot sunface - also a Fuzzy Haskins NKT, Sonus 1966 NKT, Maggot Brain BC183L, '67 IVOR NKT. Always a germanium guy.

The BC183l Maggot is still the one around! It's on my board as well (pedaltrain JR). Not too big at all. I'd Try to score a Maggot - for small Fuzz Face. Temp stable too... Ask around here - a few forum members are selling some right now on Reverb.

Surface is good - but I found it not as clear in presence as some of the other builders listed. More compressed and not as open.

Sunface is top of the heap for most - and for good consistent reason - but if you hang around this parts I think there are better options.
kluskie

Post by kluskie »

Oxfuzz or Sonus if I have to use a small box - by far the best and I've tried 'em all believe me!
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I had a oxfuzz about 11 years ago with NKT274 transistors. I liked it but it was tuned a little dark for my tastes
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

The Analogman Sunface is pretty nice and the Fuzzy Haskins are reasonably priced. You could always hit up Stu and he may sort you out. On the pricier side, you could look for a Space Face in a small box or a Head Buzz.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty