Dba Fuzz war v1

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

The-kangass

Re: Dba Fuzz war v1

Post by The-kangass »

there is no doubt DBA are making cool sounding and unique efects.
but oh my... that soldering looks like total shite :mrgreen:
resynthesis

Post by resynthesis »

Definitely iffy build quality with DBA. Around 5 years ago I fixed a couple and ended up basically reflowing entire PCBs. It would have been quicker to clone them :)
Lach

Post by Lach »

rootfifthoctave wrote: ↑Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:41 am i had 44, i don't remember it being quiet, it was an all-or-nothing sort of thing. just huge thump and low end at pretty much all settings. i'd say i find the "final" version more useful, but the apocalypse is the real favourite from what i've tried.

only dba i have at the mo is an echo dream 2!
Aha! I found it pretty quiet with my gear.... my only 2 now are the Echo Dream 2 and the Reverberation Machine and they're both loud as hell! Both great noise makers, "all-or-nothing sort of thing" is pretty much the DBA flavour in my experience
rootfifthoctave

Post by rootfifthoctave »

yeah i have an ED2 as well and it absolutely rules. most expensive pedal i have ever bought i think but totally worth it. not got a fuzz war at the mo, i love the sound but always find them too much for any of the bands i'm in!
Spook

Post by Spook »

I'm getting excited to try it, probably will be here tuesday 😐
:pazuzu:
moose

Post by moose »

Spook wrote: ↑Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:54 am
moose wrote: ↑Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:47 am Not all two knobbers are the old V1 7 transistor version. The one in the picture looks like the four transistor two knobber.

The pic below show the 7 transistor circuit board. Crazy thing is that it's from December 9th 2008.

Thanks, that is what i also was thinking, i wonder if the "newer" board is indicative 4 transistors version ?
I'm not sure I get you there but I can see four transistors (or the legs of them) on the newer pcb you posted and seven on the one I posted.
Spook

Post by Spook »

moose wrote: ↑Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:51 am
Spook wrote: ↑Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:54 am
moose wrote: ↑Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:47 am Not all two knobbers are the old V1 7 transistor version. The one in the picture looks like the four transistor two knobber.

The pic below show the 7 transistor circuit board. Crazy thing is that it's from December 9th 2008.

Thanks, that is what i also was thinking, i wonder if the "newer" board is indicative 4 transistors version ?
I'm not sure I get you there but I can see four transistors (or the legs of them) on the newer pcb you posted and seven on the one I posted.
Yes, i should have written, the newer board IS indicative of the 4 transistor version :)
:pazuzu:
moose

Post by moose »

Cool!