Can anyone help ID this Supa Tone Bender?

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

sovtekfuzz

Can anyone help ID this Supa Tone Bender?

Post by sovtekfuzz »

I just picked this up for a pretty good price, now that I look a little closer I've only seen black accents on the Steve Hackett models, can anyone help confirm what this is exactly? The pics are the only ones I have until it arrives later next week, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by sovtekfuzz on Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
IG: SOVTEKFUZZ
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
daCod

Re: Can anyone help ID this Supa Tone Bender?

Post by daCod »

Reissue? My OG looked different inside. But it’s been a long time since I sold it so memory might be foggy.

Only pic I can find atm - December of 75
B8F3003A-3CBC-4A9D-B2D8-56EF761D59E3.png
B8F3003A-3CBC-4A9D-B2D8-56EF761D59E3.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 708 times
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
peps1

Post by peps1 »

Would be surprised if that was a 70's unit based on the pots, diodes, caps and FR4 PCB substrate and a metal film resistor.
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

peps1 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:06 am Would be surprised if that was a 70's unit based on the pots, diodes, caps and FR4 PCB substrate and a metal film resistor.
I'm trying to find info on a reissue that's not the Steve Hackett version and I can't find much, maybe someone took the badge off? I'm sure it'll sound killer, just want to know exactly what I have!
Good deals with: Lpf4, Spook, Fishleehooker, sideasoundlab, freddy_von, hamoftruth, thinlazy, devnulljp
peps1

Post by peps1 »

sovtekfuzz wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:19 am I'm trying to find info on a reissue that's not the Steve Hackett version and I can't find much, maybe someone took the badge off? I'm sure it'll sound killer, just want to know exactly what I have!
I'm no expert, but read somewhere there was a 1990s? reissue in Japan (Sound City), not sure if that was the same as the Hackett version thugh?
sovtekfuzz

Post by sovtekfuzz »

peps1 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:24 am
sovtekfuzz wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:19 am I'm trying to find info on a reissue that's not the Steve Hackett version and I can't find much, maybe someone took the badge off? I'm sure it'll sound killer, just want to know exactly what I have!
I'm no expert, but read somewhere there was a 1990s? reissue in Japan (Sound City), not sure if that was the same as the Hackett version thugh?
Found some YouTube videos and it does appear to be a 90s sound city reissue, much appreciated, ill have to do some more research