Creepy Fingers Effects

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Geoffrey

Re: Creepy Fingers Effects

Post by Geoffrey »

I missed the mail man, so have to get it tomorrow.. I was home, how the heck did that happen?
G.
What do you want from life
An Indian guru
to show you the inner light?
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

#3 is in the house and rockin' it. When I first opened the box, I thought the pedal was pink! Turns out the bubble wrap was reddish pink and it made the orange pedal look pink. So far so good.... A new feeling for me, having a fuzz in a wah enclosure. Too cool! Thanks Brad!

Btw, I am getting a pink fuzz pedal! I got an old Roger Mayer Mongoose pink rocket coming. Another flea bay deal bought on impulse. Used to have all Roger's stuff until I discovered Dave's wizardry. This Mongoose was just too cheap to pass up though..
An Indian guru
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Worth the bux just to have someone rip out the guts and build me something new. Those rocket pedal enclosures are cool. But yeah, the Roger Mayer collection is all gone except for two now... Down from like 10 of them a year ago. Did you ditch that Voodoo Vibe Jr.? It's probably the only other one I would consider rebuying. I think there is a cheap Page on evil bay right now.. Brad's new pedal is too cool. Never played my fuzz like a wah before..
G.
An Indian guru
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

They are complicated as hell. That's why I went for the Jr.... Check your PM dude!
An Indian guru
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Actually, so did I. You know it would sound good with any of his pedals... Yeah man, this Kay fuzz is a lot of fun. Wahing a fuzz...
An Indian guru
Sage

Post by Sage »

What's really cool is cocking it in the lowend freq position and then using a volume pedal to bring in the note as you hit the note and apply some vibrato... very cool fuzzy violin blooms. Nice job with this one Brad!
Creepyfingers

Post by Creepyfingers »

Sage wrote:What's really cool is cocking it in the lowend freq position and then using a volume pedal to bring in the note as you hit the note and apply some vibrato... very cool fuzzy violin blooms. Nice job with this one Brad!
Yo

Yeah Blake Mills, one of the Creepy Fingers endorsees uses a volume pedal with his Harakiri fuzz for some crazy big swell sounds. He plays with Band of Horse, Jenny Lewis, Jesca Hoop, and a bunch more. One of the best guitarists I've seen in person. He uses a Sugarboost too which he leaves on all the time.

--Brad
Sage

Post by Sage »

I've been doing that with my Rising Fuzz (Harakiri) too since I got it from you last year. :crackjam:
Creepyfingers wrote:
Sage wrote:What's really cool is cocking it in the lowend freq position and then using a volume pedal to bring in the note as you hit the note and apply some vibrato... very cool fuzzy violin blooms. Nice job with this one Brad!
Yo

Yeah Blake Mills, one of the Creepy Fingers endorsees uses a volume pedal with his Harakiri fuzz for some crazy big swell sounds. He plays with Band of Horse, Jenny Lewis, Jesca Hoop, and a bunch more. One of the best guitarists I've seen in person.
--Brad
JP30

Post by JP30 »

taht sound like a great idea, I was thinking about having Doomidrive build in to the wah enclosure to get some volume/swelling, but having a volume pedal along with harakiri may be what I am after.
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

Can somebody post a couple pics of their new Creepy Kay Fuzz?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.