POST YOUR PEDALBOARD

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

erer

Post by erer »

anemochore wrote:
erer wrote:Cheers!

pc2a after the man is what i would be doing ideally, but like you said, i need the pc2a before for attenuation purposes. the humbuckers in my egc make man squishy as fuck with out the pc2a.
Doesn't rolling back the volume on the Guitar help with the squishiness? I still have to put my '73 Les Paul at a hair past 9 or below

I've always been a guitar volume at 10 kind of guy, with the exception of when I was playing a lot of bass. I run both amps at the same time and the greasebox sounds good with the guitar volume all the way up. I dont want to sacrifice that sweet high gain coming from the gb to make man happy. Also, I don't like having to worry if my knob is consistently at like 9.25 over the course of a practice/gig. i end up checking it way too much when I should be thinking about more important things like... doing more sweet pick slides n shit.
daCod

Re:

Post by daCod »

erer wrote:
anemochore wrote: thinking about more important things like... doing more sweet pick slides n shit.

:headbanger:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Re:

Post by anemochore »

erer wrote: I've always been a guitar volume at 10 kind of guy, with the exception of when I was playing a lot of bass. I run both amps at the same time and the greasebox sounds good with the guitar volume all the way up. I dont want to sacrifice that sweet high gain coming from the gb to make man happy. Also, I don't like having to worry if my knob is consistently at like 9.25 over the course of a practice/gig. i end up checking it way too much when I should be thinking about more important things like... doing more sweet pick slides n shit.
I'm with you there on the guitar always at ten
took some retraining on my part
I'm really into different effects and such on each song so yes it can be overwhelming. Before shows I have to go through the motions like a slalom skier before the race. And I still fuck up. Just have to roll with it I guess
OH Shit! Both Wahs are on :doh:
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
NoctisAvis

Re: POST YOUR PEDALBOARD

Post by NoctisAvis »

I'm a guitar on 10+simple fuzz circuits on 10 kinda guy, myself. Dat string response :badlove:
I use a pedal to attenuate the fury & overwhelming bottom end before my modulation & amp inputs. The '94 Deja Vibe can take hot input, as does the Effectrode phaser, so they can go anywhere really. The '82 PolyFlange bleeds clock noise when hit with low frequencies, and rapidly overloads the '78 Deluxe Memory Man's pre-amp. I use the Frostwave Resonator to tame the lows (makes space for a bass guitar) and dial back the overall level from fully open pickups & fuzz boxes. Then those old EHX pedals open right up. Otherwise too much bass for a jumpered Selmer Treble N Bass 50 mk 2...for this building anyway.

I rearranged a few things to try combining guitar & bass boards into a multipurpose...but my mainstays are the same:

Some notes fwiw:
Chain is
Skinpimp mk2 pro > Chuck Collins HP-1 > Deja Vibe > Resonator > PC-2A Compressor > PM-2C Phaser (w/ EX-P) > PolyFlange > DMM > Lofi Loop Junky

The Skinpimp has a trio of OC81. [It] & the flange are better suited for guitar. Everything else is great with both.
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Wow, I've never seen a Deja Vibe like that. Are you the original owner?
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
NoctisAvis

Post by NoctisAvis »

I'm technically the 3rd owner, although the 2nd only had it briefly...the original (understandably) kept it for 20 years.
On the bottom it's labelled #0082. There's no internal trimpot, no rate led, no labels, no revisionist circuit tinkering. It was apparently purchased via mail-order back when everything Fulltone made was a custom build. I had some great photos before a hdd went bad last summer...I'll get around to taking some more pics sometime soon...but this is what it looks like inside:
And here's an incomplete resource of some 90s versions. Mine appears to be a painted/unlabeled version of #097, with the same label-maker tape stuck on the bottom.
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Nice, gotta love that 90's boutique guts that most pedals looked like back then. :tu:
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
chankgeez

Post by chankgeez »

NoctisAvis wrote: Image
:badlove:
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

NoctisAvis wrote: I rearranged a few things to try combining guitar & bass boards into a multipurpose...but my mainstays are the same:
That's a great pedalboard, NightRaven!
bazguitar

Post by bazguitar »

early deja'vibes look like this :tu:
Attachments
deja'vibe.jpg
deja'vibe.jpg (38.18 KiB) Viewed 2514 times