The Dope Priest

The electron charged knuckle duster.

Moderator: The Captain

Funky Druid

Re: The Dope Priest

Post by Funky Druid »

sluttyindian wrote:Does anyone know if the Gold font black russian version is very different to the normal dope? I prefer the russian style muffs and was wondering if there is much difference.

Here You can find Captain's description of Dope variations:
http://www.stompboxes.co.uk/DP-01.html
sluttyindian

Post by sluttyindian »

Thanks man exactly what I was looking for cheers!
"These pedals are like women, when you need one there's none around. When you finally get in a serious relationship with one, they come out of the woodwork." -Turkish
freddy_von

Post by freddy_von »

Hey mate. Great to see another fellow Aussie on here!
I've got the standard Dope, had the yellow font Russian Dope and have a DP-01 #7 (Russian) landing next week.
Theres quiet a difference to my ears. The Russian is much fuller and has more bottom end. It can also get louder in my experience.
sluttyindian

Post by sluttyindian »

Hey mate! Cheers for that, I want the priest with gold font or the DP-01 #7 :)
"These pedals are like women, when you need one there's none around. When you finally get in a serious relationship with one, they come out of the woodwork." -Turkish
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

I'm going to be able to compare a 07 with the standard pretty soon. Seems ( like all muffs) there's quite a difference between them. I love my standard version so I have high hopes for the 07. The scooped mids wouldn't be something I'm usually after but Dave reckons the highs kind of balance the tone nicely
Volume over talent
dronevil

Post by dronevil »

I'm really looking forward to your comparison as I've been GASing for an 07. I love my Standard DP but I do miss the low end that my Civil War and Bubble Font can provide.
"Only analog is real. It's still actual magnetism; a tangible substance. Digital is theoretical; it's data."

- Geoff Evans of Asunder
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

There's a world of difference between the two versions. The 07 is very close to how I remember my old Green Sovtek sounding. Lower gain ( but still ample!), way bassier, focus shifted completely away from the mids of the standard version. It takes more tweaking, and is moe of a "sweet spot" fuzz, but it sounds incredible. I'd love to record with just these two versions to see how cool a blend of both would be.
Volume over talent
brucelee

Post by brucelee »

Hello everybody!
What different between the blue print and white print?
Yes I know the yellow print means "Black Russian".
Thank you !
Less is more.
nad

Post by nad »

Is it considered proper that every time I see this pedal on my floor I yell DOPE!!! PRIEST!!! much like that one album screaming DOPE!!! THRONE!!! over and over again?

Acceptable or otherwise, that is what I do. :cthulhu2:
Last edited by nad on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"'Tis a world of creditors, of which the tomb and the worm are the last. There is little left for the devil, when these have taken their due account."
--The Skeleton
sluttyindian

Post by sluttyindian »

^^ HAHA thats awesome!! :crackjam: