The Black Dust

The electron charged knuckle duster.

Moderator: The Captain

innerflight

Re: The Black Dust

Post by innerflight »

Beef wrote:Hey guys, newbie here! Had no idea this forum existed - I can forsee a lot of time and money being spent here.

Anyway, I hope this isn't in poor taste to ask here, especially on my first post... but I wonder if anyone can advise me on what a reasonable price for a second hand 2014 Black Dust v1 might be? Pedalboard space issues mean I've just upgraded to a v2 and I want to move my v1 on.

About to make a for sale thread but I don't want to drastically undersell it, nor put up some insutlingly high price. I really just have no idea, the past prices are all over the place from what I've seen and unfortunately there aren't any past listings here to go off. Perhaps some of you lads can recall some from here?

Cheers!
Welcome Beef

I usually try and sell a pedal for what I paid for it, and then start dropping money off :badteeth:

Depends how quick you want a sale I suppose, generally speaking if you got £100-£120 for it that would be alright :tu:

But you know hang around, get involved :party:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Beef

Post by Beef »

innerflight wrote: Welcome Beef

I usually try and sell a pedal for what I paid for it, and then start dropping money off :badteeth:

Depends how quick you want a sale I suppose, generally speaking if you got £100-£120 for it that would be alright :tu:

But you know hang around, get involved :party:
Thanks man! Really appreciate that, it's pretty much what I was thinking.

I defo will, I feel like we've probably all got a decent amount in common if we're on this forum in the first place. Already found some great new music here just browsing over the weekend. Wish I'd found it sooner, glad to be here!
Beef

Post by Beef »

Just to be a bit more relevant to the thread topic, I received my Black Dust v2.0 today (god bless Joes Pedals).s I love how small it is, it's phenomenal.

I did a bit of A/B testing with the large v1.0 model and I hate to say it but the 1.0 actually sounds better to my ears. Maybe not as much note definition or high end clarity, but it's got a much darker/more muffled tone. Seemingly more low end and less treble. Which is definitely more my cup of tea. Ultimately, the differences are pretty slight - all minor differences are accentuated when you A/B them, if you spend a few minutes playing with each in turn then you quickly forget minor tone differences and remember just how awesome they sound. Still, little bit sad that it's just not as beefy in the bottom end as the 1.0. Is this the case with all v2.0 models, or does sound vary in between batches?

That said, I'm still going to be keeping the v2.0 instead - pedalboard space trumps all! Now I just need to get my grubby mitts on some of the Particle series, they're seemingly impossible to find in the UK right now. I know I'd love all of the OG big enclosure EFE pedals, but they're all fucking massive.
underorbit

Post by underorbit »

Been wanting to get a hold of a Black Dust or Meathead and have seen a lot of mention of the Black Dust being gated. Does anyone find this to be true? The Black Acid doesn’t seem to be very gated and I️ don’t think Meatheads seem gated either.

Thanks!