The Black Dust

The electron charged knuckle duster.

Moderator: The Captain

freddy_von

Re: The Black Dust

Post by freddy_von »

The Dust has been in house for a while now. Completely blown away by this pedal. Set to move air is no joke, you can feel this thing deep inside the loins when playing at volume. Absolutely rocks!
TeeWrecks

Post by TeeWrecks »

Ok, so at first I was a little bummed out by how compressed and muffled the black dust sounded with my rig(Gibson/Marshall). Of course I was going full bore on guitar volume......JCM 800 set mildly clean. I just could not hang with the sound I was getting. Well last night I decided to give her another try. I was messing around and rolled my guitar volume back a bit and holy fuck! This thing came alive. It now goes without saying that I am in love with this little box and hope to do my first video review on her. Thanks Cap!
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

Well, it's like with music - there are albums you don't like at first and then, after some time, you're in love with them. Same with fuzz boxes - you have to experiment with them a lot, especially with vintage style ones.
daCod

Post by daCod »

jetofuj wrote:Well, it's like with music - there are albums you don't like at first and then, after some time, you're in love with them. Same with fuzz boxes - you have to experiment with them a lot, especially with vintage style ones.
this x 100 :tu:

many pedals i wish i still had after premature saleulation :badteeth: one must take their time and get to know the pedal before passing final judgement.
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
TeeWrecks

Post by TeeWrecks »

daCod wrote:
jetofuj wrote:Well, it's like with music - there are albums you don't like at first and then, after some time, you're in love with them. Same with fuzz boxes - you have to experiment with them a lot, especially with vintage style ones.
this x 100 :tu:

many pedals i wish i still had after premature saleulation :badteeth: one must take their time and get to know the pedal before passing final judgement.
I do suffer from premature saleulation. I just feel there is so much out there to try and it kills me that I cannot have them all at once! I think I am holding on to this Dust though. Sounds perfect now!
king_of_the_road

Post by king_of_the_road »

Are there any decent videos or sound clips of the Black Dust out there already? I really wanna hear it before buying one. Also, has anyone tested it with a bass guitar? Thanks guys!
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

For bass I would actually advice Black Acid, as pre gain is the thing you want!
Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz »

^^ I agree with this - the Black Dust is truly awesome but the Acid works better with bass (imo) thanks to the Drive knob. It's my go to bass fuzz! :crackjam:
Logic should not interfere with determination
univalve

Post by univalve »

I have a Black Acid Bass Demo somewhere. Works very good. Black Dust is too much on Bass for my taste...
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Post by anemochore »

Here is Mr. David Curtis for, my favorite music store, Tommy's :tu:
Black Acid
Bass, Rhythm and Lead
Don't make me assume my ultimate form