EFE LR-01 Olympia vs Standard

The electron charged knuckle duster.

Moderator: The Captain

freddy_von

EFE LR-01 Olympia vs Standard

Post by freddy_von »

Has anyone had the chance to compare the two 'Particle Series' LR-01's? The Standard and the Olympia.
Or, has anyone had the pleasure of playing an Olympia model and would care to give me a tone rundown?
I'm thinking about picking one of these up, but not sure to go with the Standard or Olympia.
Smelt Xyana

Re: EFE LR-01 Olympia vs Standard

Post by Smelt Xyana »

I have an Olympia particle, I put it behind my black acid...idk wtf tone is other than it sounds good or like stupid farts, but that treble control comes in handy with everything.. synths/guitar/peizo tin cans...
fuzz fully saturated with the treble at 1oclock is perfect fuzz tone. :trippn: :blaze:
oh yeah...why the frell wont the particle LR take a daisy chain....there were no warnings.
I need to invest in a power brick anyways grrr.
Comesect
Space_Case

Re: EFE LR-01 Olympia vs Standard

Post by Space_Case »

Sorry super late to the game on this, but if you're still interested to know I've got a particle series version of the Olympia and full size version of the standard. In general I'd say I prefer the standard one as I find the Olympia to be more thin and 'bee's in a jar' like which is usually less to my taste for what I play. I'd say that the standard often falls more into the Grease Box domain with more of a mid-range focus though with a different texture to the way it distorts.
"'Information. What's wrong with dope and women? Is it any wonder the world's gone insane, with information come to be the only real medium of exchange?' 'I thought it was cigarettes.'"