Emanating Fist Electronics, XB-70

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Emanating Fist Electronics, XB-70

Post by The Captain »

What what what now Electronics?

Emanating Fist Electronics. That's right. Emanating Fist Elec-tronics. A fist made of electrons heading right into your face. Bam!

Okay words of sense. I had Mr. Castledine design me some PCB's for things I wished to make at random points that I didn't care to make on stripboard and hence forth not produced under the banner of D*A*M. Emanating Fist Electronics is my chosen banner for such things and this, the XB-70, is the very first of them.

The origin of the idea was to be able to make some Ram Head's at some point with and greater ease. I don't really care to do that to be quite frank, old shit is old, so I have opted for this route. The XB-70 is a Big Muff, but to be precise, a clone of my Guild Foxy Lady...that I think is from around 1977!?!? I can't quite recall to be honest. The year ain't important, though the fact it sounds like torn leather soaked in piss and salt smushed lovingly into ears does. It is a brute of a pedal, has a really intense roar at full tilt, like any good Big Muff really. Though my Guild has the extra added bonus of insanely loud background noise and batshit crazy amounts of feedback ladened sustain. So the XB-70 takes this particular Guild box as a reference point though assembled so it's a little more polite but still packing mucho fire in tah belly. As much fun as it would have been to clone that throwing shit at the walls amount craziness into these for the most part the old Guild sounds that way because one of the transistors is fucked. In other words, most sane folk would consider a pedal that they had purchased that sounded this way to be very defective.

So to summarize. The X8-70 is a Guild Foxey Lady replica, from around the time EH were knocking out the Ram Head Muffs, that has a bad attitude but will play nice and not hurt your feelings.
The boards are custom designed by Castledine Electronics and loaded with carbon composition resistors and other such pretty high quality components. There is no mojo in the transistors, these a new stock gain selected BBC337'S. Stable, low noise, good sustain, nice break-up. No frying eggs tone to ruin your vibe. Rock solid awesomeness.

I used Citec pots in these boxes, like I do with the Sola Sound builds. Due to the orientation and the shaft time the pot rotation looks a little different. The controls at zero point straight down and maximum rotation falls a little short of where you would normally expect it to end. Like so...

Tone at zero, Sustain at max. Don't mean shit really, just saying.

Brass tacks for guilty party's

I'm saying all this why? Because I have made 10 of such pedals that I which to offer to you folk here, should anyone be interested in such a device.

They are £229.00 each plus shipping. Jon at Downstroke will be handling the sales, we just wanted to try the old school forum way of doing things, been a while an all.

If you care to purchase said pedal please respond here in this thread with a post. I will then PM you Jon's details, you contact Jon and he will then give the payment info. Peach 'o cake. :tu:

It's just these 10 for now. When they're gone they're gone. They come boxed and such with the 5 year guarantee like any other D*A*M Stompbox.

:party:
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

Can I haz please....
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
edkoppel

Post by edkoppel »

want one.
Oh, DB? That's just slang for Dandy Big muff collector.
-----------------------
Tone Machines, Vintage Effects Blog: www.tonemachinesblog.com

Instagram: https://instagram.com/ed_skymall
kb892

Post by kb892 »

i'll take one too dave! :party:
agoldoor

Post by agoldoor »

Want! PM me
norhyme

Post by norhyme »

I want to have one too;-)
please pm me
“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?' Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?” ― Frank Zappa
dazed and confused

Re: Emanating Fist Electronics, XB-70

Post by dazed and confused »

I'll take one if there's one left :tu:
Sage

Post by Sage »

I want.
Dudewater

Post by Dudewater »

ill take one
Zzufrepus

Post by Zzufrepus »