David Main, what could you be up to?

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

Post Reply
User avatar
The Captain
Posts: 6933
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:05 am
Location: UK, Earth

Re: David Main, what could you be up to?

Post by The Captain »

^ Fuck yes! Thanks, man! Great pic.

The LB-77 and the Main Amphetlabs Fuzz are actually the exact same pedal, the LB-77 being the first clone of the original 'Loop Bender' The Black Sun was what I thought the Loop Bender was before I actually saw it in the flesh, as in the germanium circuit.

The original.
LB-01.JPG
User avatar
The Captain
Posts: 6933
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:05 am
Location: UK, Earth

Re: David Main, what could you be up to?

Post by The Captain »

Round II. Victory! A stack 'o Dust for Round III.
yousuckit_more.JPG
User avatar
jreeves47
Posts: 3344
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:00 pm
Location: Chatham IL

Re: David Main, what could you be up to?

Post by jreeves47 »

Beauty! I was supposed to be getting one of those but then someone had to go and have a dam fuzz madness sale... ;)
Next time!
User avatar
Gemma Thrush
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:54 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: David Main, what could you be up to?

Post by Gemma Thrush »

anemochore wrote:The Loop trifecta
The two left and right were made by the Captain. Mr. Hampson didn't mention where the center one came from (only used on one or two songs) He mostly relied on the one left but on at least three to four songs, most notably Mother Sky, he used the Loop Bender. Definitely the most ragged of the batch. The one left still to my ears made the biggest impression, Thick
and mean
image.jpg
excellent picture - thanks for posting!
User avatar
Gary
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Larne, Northern Ireland

Post by Gary »

:shocked:

I'm getting my self in a bit of a lather over this Loop Bender. I gats ta 'ave! :headpop:
User avatar
Gemma Thrush
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:54 pm
Location: Brighton

Re:

Post by Gemma Thrush »

Gary wrote::shocked:

I'm getting my self in a bit of a lather over this Loop Bender. I gats ta 'ave! :headpop:
You are not alone, friend.
User avatar
Gemma Thrush
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:54 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: David Main, what could you be up to?

Post by Gemma Thrush »

The Captain wrote:^ Fuck yes! Thanks, man! Great pic.

The LB-77 and the Main Amphetlabs Fuzz are actually the exact same pedal, the LB-77 being the first clone of the original 'Loop Bender' The Black Sun was what I thought the Loop Bender was before I actually saw it in the flesh, as in the germanium circuit.

The original.
LB-01.JPG
Would it be reasonable to assume The Black Sun is reminiscent of the black-on-black DAM Fuzz Sound?
User avatar
Random Rat
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:19 pm
Location: GBG

Re: David Main, what could you be up to?

Post by Random Rat »

Love this shot! Same TB as the you had there Dave? TU-12 :headbanger:

Image
"Don't wipe the sweat off your instrument
You need that stink on there. Then you have to get that stink onto your music."
/beefheart
User avatar
The Captain
Posts: 6933
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:05 am
Location: UK, Earth

Re: David Main, what could you be up to?

Post by The Captain »

Gemma Thrush wrote:Would it be reasonable to assume The Black Sun is reminiscent of the black-on-black DAM Fuzz Sound?
:tu:
Random Rat wrote:Love this shot! Same TB as the you had there Dave?
One and the same.
User avatar
Dullboy
Posts: 830
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:49 pm
Location: Adriatic Riviera, Italy

Re: David Main, what could you be up to?

Post by Dullboy »

Waitin' for some Loop Bender...
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke


(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests