Mysterious message

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Re: Mysterious message

Post by The Captain »

Hey, Starling Bro's. I like your cape, man. Really suits you. :hihi:
starlingbrothers

Post by starlingbrothers »

The Captain wrote:Hey, Starling Bro's. I like your cape, man. Really suits you. :hihi:
The cape doth cover a multitude of foul and pernicious sins :hihi:
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

minimoog56 wrote:Any one catch the Hawkwind Fest at the Roundhose in Camden in early March?
huh, that woulda been something!

i've only seen the outside of the Roundhouse, but would love to get the chance for a show there.

Growing up I remember reading about the "All-Night Rave" New Year's Eve 66-67 with The Pink Floyd, The Who & The Move...

:freakout:

also i've seen pics of when the Ramones played there, one of their first shows in the UK c.76... (members of The Damned, Sex Pistols hanging out, hadn't fully formed their groups yet, but would soon)...I love how Joey Ramone had his instamatic camera with him, obviously a fan of what had gone on at the Roundhouse in the 60's....

------------------
The Ramones play The Roundhouse

"On 4 July 1976, The Ramones supported The Flamin' Groovies at Camden's Roundhouse and played Dingwalls the next night. The Ramones' 'Blitzkrieg Bop' had aroused interest among the likes of The Damned, The Sex Pistols and The Clash; "it was like a rallying call", according to the Buzzcocks' Pete Shelley. On the first night, The Ramones "took over the hippy Roundhouse and reduced it to the hottest, sleaziest garage ever", according to the NME. In the audience were various members of the fledgling UK punk scene; later members of The Clash and The Damned were pictured hanging out with the New Yorkers, who were apparently pleased to hear about the UK's nascent punk movement."
-------------------------

:ztongue:

Now, where's that Flux Capacitor? :hmm:
Attachments
Roundhouse.jpg
Roundhouse.jpg (15.76 KiB) Viewed 3091 times
pinkfloyd all-night rave.jpg
pinkfloyd all-night rave.jpg (24.9 KiB) Viewed 3097 times
pink floyd all night rave.jpg
pink floyd all night rave.jpg (46.8 KiB) Viewed 3098 times
pinkfloyd who all night rave.gif
pinkfloyd who all night rave.gif (17.16 KiB) Viewed 3097 times
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
minimoog56

Post by minimoog56 »

Ramones at the roundhouse - Bicentennial 4th of July - 2nd Declaration of Independence - the night punk broke in the UK... Gabbas Gabba hey - I was 17 and dreaming down from Times Square to the Jersey Shore.... Listening to Patti Smith ... Horses ... Scott Muni... WNEW - Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine.... Labotomy, Labotomy....
Last edited by minimoog56 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
starlingbrothers

Post by starlingbrothers »

I missed the Ramones at the Roundhouse but caught the Sex Pistols and the Damned at the 100 club a few nights later. Now that was a raw, chaotic and substance fuelled evening :tu:
minimoog56

Post by minimoog56 »

Sweet one starling - I caught Johnny Dyani, Brotherhood of Breath and Dollar Brand at the 100 Club 4 years later - but missed the first wave - what a dump the 100 club was - I did see the Avengers, Dead Kennedies, Mumps and Dickies, and X at the Mabuhay Gardens when I moved to SF in '79 plus the Clash at Temple Beautiful (next to Jim Jones Peoples Temple) also in '79 - but they were all riding that wave started at the 100 Club in '77. My experience with the Ramones is Central Park in '76 and with Elvis and the Runaways opening at the Aragon Ballroom circa '77 but caught Patti Smith and Television in '75 at thee NYC Mudd Clubb while in High School.... This ain't no disco - we ain't just fooling around....Fond memories...