Fewer visible photons...The Meathead Dark

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

happiass

Re: Fewer visible photons...The Meathead Dark

Post by happiass »

smogfalls wrote:so, anyone recieved their's yet? I'd love to know how it compares to the black n' gold and standard Meatheads.
Just got word that mine shipped yesterday (April 8), so probably another week or so until it gets here. I've got a Black & Gold and a couple of standards to compare it to, I'll post my thoughts when I recieve it. :cheers:
smogfalls

Post by smogfalls »

happiass wrote:
smogfalls wrote:so, anyone recieved their's yet? I'd love to know how it compares to the black n' gold and standard Meatheads.
Just got word that mine shipped yesterday (April 8), so probably another week or so until it gets here. I've got a Black & Gold and a couple of standards to compare it to, I'll post my thoughts when I recieve it. :cheers:
Excellent, I'll look forward to hearing your findings... assisted with gratuitous pictures of course :badlove:
Guitar Lessons - Online via Skype or in Nottingham, England

http://alexfarran.webs.com

Shape Lieutenant - Progressive Rock/Metal/Jazz...

http://soundcloud.com/shape-lt/shape-lt ... -june-2011
core9

Post by core9 »

Anybody get their Darkie yet? I just want to make a pre-emptive strike here :help:
To anyone who gets one and it's not right for them, please pm me or email me directly at core9a@netscape.net. I am dying for one of these bad boys. :drool2:
happiass

Post by happiass »

:party: Mine arrived today, won't get a chance to play it until this evening though. its gonna be a long afternoon.
drunkenguitarist

Post by drunkenguitarist »

happiass wrote::party: Mine arrived today, won't get a chance to play it until this evening though. its gonna be a long afternoon.
I hope mine arrives at my post office as well. :badteeth:
happiass

Post by happiass »

Here's a pic of mine (along with some other sparkly DAM's). Excuse the goofy picture, I was atempting to be all artsy :doh: .
Meathead Dark.jpg
Meathead Dark.jpg (248.23 KiB) Viewed 2702 times
I'll post my impressions of it Monday after I get a chance to play it more (and after all this Fuzz Sound MKIII frenzy dies down a bit). Initial thoughts are: 1. This sound is positively crushing, all of you Doom/Sludge guys will piss yourselves over this pedal. 2. The pedal itself is fucking gorgeous (pics really don't do it justice). Sickle really did a great job on the artwork, definitely one of the coolest looking DAM's I own. Oh yeah, also, its noticeably heavier than the Black & Gold Meathead. Off to play more :crackjam:
smogfalls

Post by smogfalls »

excellent, thanks for posting your initial findings. I'm definately gonna try and hop onto a list for one of these. Nice picture as well btw :tu: I love that Pink Meathead.
Guitar Lessons - Online via Skype or in Nottingham, England

http://alexfarran.webs.com

Shape Lieutenant - Progressive Rock/Metal/Jazz...

http://soundcloud.com/shape-lt/shape-lt ... -june-2011
JP30

Post by JP30 »

happiass wrote: I'll post my impressions of it Monday after I get a chance to play it more
YES PLZ. :badteeth:
After messing with Meat DLX for a week, I am getting really interested in what Dark sounds like.
Meathead can be very addictive.... I know that now...
I am almost thinking about selling some of my BigMuffs Coz... I don't use them much after having meathead....

Anyone know if Sickle graphic was limited to the first batch? or can we still order them with Teh "DARK" graphic ?
JP30

Post by JP30 »

Sickle wrote: Here's the deal with the graphics:

The enclosures for future Darks will be *slightly* larger, so a new silk screen will need to be made. Because of this, I'm going to take advantage of that fact and make a few refinements to my layout that will make it a little different, but not by much.

The first ones made due to this change will one day be worth thousands of dollars.

:dance:

thanks for the info. . . May is so close now.. only 2 weeks !! :shocked:

am I the only one who's excited about DARK meat as much as MK3 around'ere ? :cthulhu2:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Oh you gots a black Fly!!! :marx: Nice one! Ha! a Dark Fly, a D*a*mselfly even :hihi: :scared: