Fewer visible photons...The Meathead Dark

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

drunkenguitarist

Re: Fewer visible photons...The Meathead Dark

Post by drunkenguitarist »

1bottlerocket wrote:The B&G was my first meat and ultimately got me started on that pedal. I love it and it largely influenced me to get the Dark. It will be interesting to compare them all in a side-by-side. :party:
It was my first Meathead as well. I sold it off after buying a Skreddy Mayo. I just couldn't justify keeping it after having bought two pedals at over $300.00 each within a week of each other. So, like a fool I let the D*A*M pedal go thinking that I'd be able to score another one.
About a month later I bought an older version that was produced about three years ago. It was fairly mid heavy and it lacked the bass and extremely high gain of the B&G. I was kinda let down initially, but after about a week I just about fell in love with the tone. Now, I can't even imagine playing my guitar without it.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

drunkenguitarist wrote:I just about fell in love with the tone. Now, I can't even imagine playing my guitar without it.
I take that B&G Meathead in my gig bag whenever I go out anywhere now. I agree completely, that is a must have pedal. :dance:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
thesjkexperience

Post by thesjkexperience »

I had to sell mine when my daughter lost a tooth (had it ripped out actually) and pay for dental bills. Sucks as there were so many for sale shortly after the BIN, but people have figured them out.

Are you playing humbucker guitars? I play vintage strats and the dark MH might do the trick! Love my red barron.
Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you a King. -- Bob Dylan

"ripped out of the sky reforming thought into creation electric motion begins" - Linzi
Jazzandmetal?

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

thesjkexperience wrote:I had to sell mine when my daughter lost a tooth (had it ripped out actually) and pay for dental bills. Sucks as there were so many for sale shortly after the BIN, but people have figured them out.

Are you playing humbucker guitars? I play vintage strats and the dark MH might do the trick! Love my red barron.
I played both and the Dark was great. Especially with a bigger amp and cab....it killed on bass.

The B&G for me is THE DEAL. I love it.
Arrakis

Post by Arrakis »

Jazzandmetal? wrote:Especially with a bigger amp and cab....it killed on bass.
:badlove: :badlove: :badlove:

Ah man now you had to gone and said it!! :headpop:
...gunna just have to wait for the list i guess :doh:
professor plum

Post by professor plum »

so i kinda wanted to get this out there but didnt think cluttering up the boards with its own thread would be a good idea...so ill bump up this thread...

i have been drooling over the dark meat for a while now, and to our Captain, now that there a normal run/ the whole V&R thing has happened, implore you, urge you and generally beg you, PLEASE make some more in the purple sparkle. its badass beyond words.

the purple sonic titan on teh main page makes my pants tighter on a regular basis, and the dark meat is top 3 coolest looking pedals ever.

that is all. -Plum :hyper:
analog love <3/
professor plum

Post by professor plum »

Sickle wrote:
professor plum wrote:i have been drooling over the dark meat for a while now, and to our Captain, now that there a normal run/ the whole V&R thing has happened, implore you, urge you and generally beg you, PLEASE make some more in the purple sparkle. its badass beyond words.
Don't worry, whatever color it will come out as, its gonna be bad ass no matter what.
professor plum wrote:the purple sonic titan on teh main page makes my pants tighter on a regular basis, and the dark meat is top 3 coolest looking pedals ever.
Well, thanks, I appreciate that! Don't worry, we ain't done yet!

:cheers2: :captain: :popesickle: :cheers2:
:headbanger: thanks!

im not to worried, but i had to throw it out there, since i mean how many other places does the creater of some of the worlds finest fuzz auctually take time and read the forum and consider the suggestions of us "normal folk"

i think thats rad, and if it somehow on teh off-chance it puts more purple sparkly drak meats into the world, all the better... :marx:
analog love <3/
Arrakis

Post by Arrakis »

Sickle wrote:I actually designed the Meathead Dark's graphics to be black on black with red.
+1!!!!!

Thats would looks so sick! I've got a standard meat for my 6strings but I need meat for my 4 strings now, bring on the DARK! :zgrin:
RabbitPunch

Post by RabbitPunch »

Sickle wrote: THAT'S what I'd like to see one day. Fuck all this blurple sparkle motion nonsense..

:hihi:
I question your commitment to sparkle motion.
Before bringing up drugs with your kids, hook your turntables up to a wah-wah pedal.