Fewer visible photons...The Meathead Dark

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

TheWarmth

Re: Fewer visible photons...The Meathead Dark

Post by TheWarmth »

MMG wrote:Cool...Hey for some reason I keep thinking there was a Meathead made for a short period with 2 knobs even though the registry doesnt show any...or am I self-medicating too much?
Or not enough?
You're correct. There was a small run of what I believe are referred to as "Meathead Extras" with two knobs. I'm sure Mr. Picard has documented them.
i love sharin foo

Post by i love sharin foo »

TheWarmth wrote:
MMG wrote:Cool...Hey for some reason I keep thinking there was a Meathead made for a short period with 2 knobs even though the registry doesnt show any...or am I self-medicating too much?
Or not enough?
You're correct. There was a small run of what I believe are referred to as "Meathead Extras" with two knobs. I'm sure Mr. Picard has documented them.
Yep, taken from Mr Picard's registry:
Meathead "Flesh"
001, 04/02/2008, Dave Main, Silver Hammerite with 'Flesh' and 'Dirt' Controls, BC182L / T2N3904, No LED, (Graham)
003, 04/02/2008, LH + Dave Main, Silver Hammerite with 'Flesh' and 'Dirt' Controls, , No LED, (kb892)
005, 04/02/2008, Linzi + Dave Main, Silver Hammerite with 'Flesh' and 'Dirt' Controls, , No LED, (Sickle)
008, 04/02/2008, Linzi + Dave Main, Silver Hammerite with 'Flesh' and 'Dirt' Controls, 2N3904 / BC182L, No LED, (Philm)
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

That MH is dead sexy!!!!
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Sickle wrote:Alternatively, we call those 'Fleshheads'.
Oh yes we do - and they don't even need a big knob - the are all round BIG tone monsters - one of my all time favourite pedals of any make or vintage (although I thought there were a few more than 4 of them - maybe 8 or so :hmm: - the inherent wickedness of the Fleshie is partially compensated (in my case) by the balancing karmic energies of the saintly and blessed "Sacred Heart" Heads inner sanctity... G :mrgreen:
solid_hex

Post by solid_hex »

Graham wrote:
Oh yes we do - and they don't even need a big knob - the are all round BIG tone monsters - one of my all time favourite pedals of any make or vintage (although I thought there were a few more than 4 of them - maybe 8 or so :hmm: - the inherent wickedness of the Fleshie is partially compensated (in my case) by the balancing karmic energies of the saintly and blessed "Sacred Heart" Heads inner sanctity... G :mrgreen:
they were 10 altogether including the blems which had very small defects to the lettering.
i own number 10 by faaaaaar the best pedal ive ever owned :badlove:
..intensely searching for an Ibanez 2388/Greco RG550 6 string..
MMG

Post by MMG »

solid_hex wrote:
Graham wrote:
they were 10 altogether including the blems which had very small defects to the lettering.
Thanks for the info guys. I'd never seen one so I wasnt sure. I got a buddy who has been through a boatload of fuzz and dist pedals and he keeps telling me about this 2 knobber he had being the one and only pedal he has ever regretted selling. Every single time we start talking pedals, he instantly brings up the "fleshhead" and talks about it like it is made out of solid gold.
Stuff like "That Meathead I had...aww..my GOD...I mean, THAT thang was just, well I tell ya I thought m'amp was gonna blow UP, Matt!" He cracks me up, but I know he is dead serious when he talks about it.
solid_hex

Post by solid_hex »

MMG wrote:
solid_hex wrote:
Graham wrote:
Thanks for the info guys. I'd never seen one so I wasnt sure. I got a buddy who has been through a boatload of fuzz and dist pedals and he keeps telling me about this 2 knobber he had being the one and only pedal he has ever regretted selling. Every single time we start talking pedals, he instantly brings up the "fleshhead" and talks about it like it is made out of solid gold.
Stuff like "That Meathead I had...aww..my GOD...I mean, THAT thang was just, well I tell ya I thought m'amp was gonna blow UP, Matt!" He cracks me up, but I know he is dead serious when he talks about it.
oooof silly boy he's probably the only one here to let one go.
they're as rare as rooster teeth :hihi:
JP30

Post by JP30 »

solid_hex wrote:
JP30 wrote:#26 is on the E-bay now, purple psychedelic one... I am keeping my eyes on it. :badlove: . .. wonder if it's Dark Meat or Mid-Range Geek :geek: meat...
if you look at the insides theres no way huuuge mustard cap so its unlikely to be a dark meat :bleh:
I will find out what it sounds like in a couple of days. :badteeth:
i love sharin foo wrote: jack, if you get it and it's not the midrange monster, let me know and I'll gladly buy it from you :whistle:
OK... will let you know.
JP30

Post by JP30 »

FLASH head has more high, right ? and that extra knob add's treble ?
solid_hex

Post by solid_hex »

Sickle wrote:
JP30 wrote:FLASH head has more high, right ? and that extra knob add's treble ?
The FLESH head's 'Flesh' knob is a tone contour control. Set to 1005 clockwise you dial in more bass response.
i like the flesh knob turned right down and the dirt at around half way!
it gives me a killer nebula sound thats just dreamy.
it also killed any feelings i had towards getting a 70s superfuzz :hihi: