One for the Captain's "Suggestion Box"...

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

1bottlerocket

Re: One for the Captain's "Suggestion Box"...

Post by 1bottlerocket »

skybone wrote:
...that use eBay sniping tools so that no one gets a look in...: :hmm:
What are those? :hmm:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

skybone wrote:
Yeah, I get that the BIN's allow people not on the lists to get a D*A*M pedal for RRP which is good. I don't agree that the BIN's are a level playing field though. There are a few people who win too frequently for it to be luck IMO.
Granted that there are some under handed, lower than the belly of a snake like types that use eBay sniping tools so that no one gets a look in, but "in principal" it's a "level playing field" (please note the inverted comma's). :wink2: :rolleyes2: :hmm:
There is nothing wrong with Esnipe my man...........

If you are at work and can not get on the computer because of a bunk IT department the snipe is the only way to go.

If someone bids $350 and I want to pay $500 what is the difference if I bid at the end of the auction or a machine does it for me? There is none.....I was just willing to pay more money in the end.

I agree it stinks getting up at the crack of dawn but it gets my heart racing and the blood flowing for me to start the day :tu:

In the end if I win a pedal I am happy..........if I do not then it is just another day without a dam pedal ( now I am crying out loud :hihi: )
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
minimoog56

Post by minimoog56 »

:heandsup:
Last edited by minimoog56 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flupe007

Post by flupe007 »

i think the BIN's are cool. i also think that it would be cool to have a couple of auctions in addition to the BINs. why not? then... fast connections win *and* big money wins. that would be the most fair IMO.
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Richard Groff wrote:With BIN auctions going in less than 60 seconds...
60 seconds? Luxury! I used to dream of a BIN in less than 60 seconds! We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dave would build us a fuzz pedal then thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

More like 1~2 seconds tops (and I still managed to get 2 out of the 3 I tried for).

Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
flupe007

Post by flupe007 »

hehehe... that's fucking great. those guys were fucking geniuses. i remember watching that skit a long time ago and laughing my ass off... that stuff's timeless.

seriously... something is coming? like... wtf? :blaze:

come on.... just come out with it already. the suspense... it's too much. :drool2:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

That MP sketch is one of my all-time favorites.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by Kayzer »

BINs FTW i freaking love the rush of adrenalin that goes through my body 1 minute befor the auction should hit and then its increasing every second until its going to explode when the Pedal pops up! Hmmmmmm...
+350 pedal demos from hell
http://www.youtube.com/xtimehascomex
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

It's funny, the gents that repeatedly win the BIN's in nanoseconds swear that it's the best way for Dave to do business. :hihi:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
PlumCrazy

Post by PlumCrazy »

How's about a raffle. Everyone is given a set time to apply via a thread and assigned a number. The Captain then picks a number out of a big pirate hat. Since they would have to be registered users there would be no leaning toward the fast connection guys or big $ guys. Also being registered would keep there from being one person winning everything again and again. You could maybe limit it to one win per user and multiple registrations would be dealt with by walking the plank. It would have the added bonus of maing sure E(vil)bay doesn't get a cut of the Captain's booty. Just a thought, arrr.
http://www.plumcrazyfx.com
Everytime i comb my hair, thoughts of u get in my eyes.