I am Titan...

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

i love sharin foo

Re: I am Titan...

Post by i love sharin foo »

RabbitPunch wrote:I want a report on how that sounds through your sweet rig! :crackjam:
I'm thinking that it won't sound too different from the other Titan that I already had :paranoid: hehe

And in that case... it sounds good... REAL good :crackjam:
RabbitPunch

Post by RabbitPunch »

:oops: I didn't know you already had one! Ignore me :doh:
Before bringing up drugs with your kids, hook your turntables up to a wah-wah pedal.
i love sharin foo

Post by i love sharin foo »

RabbitPunch wrote::oops: I didn't know you already had one! Ignore me :doh:
No problem.. I think I have a problem :freak:

Titans are GREAT units! It really works great with the Matamp or Orange already cooking. There is a LOT of volume available. Also, I love it because the high strings don't get harsh. Sometimes it seems like just boosting the front end of these amps adds a lot of treble and some harshness, but the Titan keeps things more smooth and even. There are so many settings that I really like in there that I figured I'd get some mileage out of a second one too. Two Titans, one pedalboard :hihi:
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

Sickle wrote:Thugs are always last in line!

:box:
:hihi: :hihi:
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I can see that one can get a lot of mileage out of a Titan. I spent a day with the unit I have and it is very smooth. This summer I will have a chance to play it in a live setting, finally and I plan on using that and the B&G Meat to see how they hold up.

I also switched over to a semi-hollow and hopefully things won't get too out of control with feedback either.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Graham

Post by Graham »

1bottlerocket wrote:I can see that one can get a lot of mileage out of a Titan. I spent a day with the unit I have and it is very smooth. This summer I will have a chance to play it in a live setting, finally and I plan on using that and the B&G Meat to see how they hold up.

I also switched over to a semi-hollow and hopefully things won't get too out of control with feedback either.
Hey Tim - you know how much I love my blonde hollow bodied Gibbos - but they can be a real pain with feeding back (thats why the built the 335 etc; !) Lately I've been really digging back into Teles and that nice "Burstalike" I got - after twenty odd years almost primarily wrestling with P90's or the Duosonic type single coils I had practically forgotten the additional flavours you can get from the pedals with a humbucker - I'd worked out I had only had one guitar with with a bucker in the last decade - now that LP is wonderful but the various Tele pickups combinations are even more fun - can't for the life of me think what it was that turned me off them all those years ago - I never touched a proper Tele really since my 20's (wish I'd kept those ones!!! :doh: ) but it is just like getting all new pedals - :badlove: G :mrgreen:
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

best birthday present ever: the silver sparkle titan arriving at me doorstep!!! :crackjam:
edit: just had a chance to jam w/ it for a bit...finally someone made a overdrive pedal w/ some fuckin treble!!! I can never get enuf treble...what a fantastic sound and totally unique in the overdrive world!! Super articulate and not at all mid rangey lke most tube screamerish thangs...I feel like this is really gona get some use!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Braden

Post by Braden »

Got my silver sparkle today. Been introducing it to my Super Reverb all morning. The sound is so huge :freakout:
TheWarmth

Post by TheWarmth »

Right on! I was recording with mine through a Twin last night. Sounds fantastic.
kb892

Post by kb892 »

Braden wrote:Got my silver sparkle today. Been introducing it to my Super Reverb all morning. The sound is so huge :freakout:
TheWarmth wrote:Right on! I was recording with mine through a Twin last night. Sounds fantastic.
I couldn't agree more, this pedal does something really special to Fenders. Everything from little champs up to various 50 watters for me and all matched up great. A little extra filtering in the champ power supply really helps though, stock it can get a tad mushy when way overdriven but that's going to happen in any overdrive situation with the old tweed champs.