Day of the Tone Benders

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

controller700

Re: Day of the Tone Benders

Post by controller700 »

Sickle wrote:
1bottlerocket wrote:
controller700 wrote:Nice to see that Sickle now owns enough Tonebenders to do that Avatar thing, too! :tu:
That seems to be the trend of late :party:
I was gonna make one of those images out of lollipops and use that instead, but I said fuggit, I'll do the mainstream thing..
:hihi:
I don't know what the hell it does, but it's definitely doing it!!
grygrx

Post by grygrx »

hunkowood

Post by hunkowood »

Man, That has to be hard to take.

Hunk
Always looking to buy vintage analog devices
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

Nice, grygrx!
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

those red 66's...oh man, I wish I was able to have gotten my mitts on one!! Seriously the most beautiful looking pedal out there!! And I'm sure it sounds amazing as well :oldlol:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

Opening up a D*A*M package feels like I am joining a beautiful cult of some sort. The smell, the stickers, the paper shavings, the cotton bag, papers, drawings.

So :doom:
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

aha Amen to that! I really felt the same! Even The paper stripes are really cool... :smashed:
Live Slow... Die old...
eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

CitizenAudio wrote:Opening up a D*A*M package feels like I am joining a beautiful cult of some sort. The smell, the stickers, the paper shavings, the cotton bag, papers, drawings.

So :doom:
No shit man. It is such an experience. First there's the anticipation for the week or two when you actually win it (which is a whole experience in itself). Then there's the finding the little slip and the ride to the PO to pick it up (heart racing, butterflies). Then its the hand over of the package ad race to get home (just like being a little kid on christmas morning again. Then its the almost religious like ritual of the opening of the box. Cut the tape, slowley open the box, remove the insulation, slowly take the box out.
Then, Take the deep breath open the box, slowly remove the the shreds and stop.
Thats when it really kicks in and you say to yourself "I cant believe I'm holding this in my own fucking hands!" Gaze at the pedal for a minute then get to the manual and the rest of the goods. Look em over. Then you read the manual but you dont remember anything because of the anticipation to hear what it sounds like. (optional step but Its always in my ritual: open up the back and read the quote and check out the guts and finally breathe again). Last step. Plug that bitch in and turn it up with the biggest smile you had all day. paly for hours, drink beers and fall asleep that night like your sleeping in the lap of God himself :crackjam:

Is that about right, or am I ghey :hmm:
Again man, great score
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

eastcoast wrote: No shit man. It is such an experience. First there's the anticipation for the week or two when you actually win it (which is a whole experience in itself). Then there's the finding the little slip and the ride to the PO to pick it up (heart racing, butterflies). Then its the hand over of the package ad race to get home (just like being a little kid on christmas morning again. Then its the almost religious like ritual of the opening of the box. Cut the tape, slowley open the box, remove the insulation, slowly take the box out.
Then, Take the deep breath open the box, slowly remove the the shreds and stop.
Thats when it really kicks in and you say to yourself "I cant believe I'm holding this in my own fucking hands!" Gaze at the pedal for a minute then get to the manual and the rest of the goods. Look em over. Then you read the manual but you dont remember anything because of the anticipation to hear what it sounds like. (optional step but Its always in my ritual: open up the back and read the quote and check out the guts and finally breathe again). Last step. Plug that bitch in and turn it up with the biggest smile you had all day. paly for hours, drink beers and fall asleep that night like your sleeping in the lap of God himself :crackjam:

Is that about right, or am I ghey :hmm:
Again man, great score
That's just about right. :freakout:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Have any of the other '65 winners checked in? I like the look of the new pedals and I bet they sound killer!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty