Day of the Tone Benders

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

scotts917@gmail.com

Re: Day of the Tone Benders

Post by scotts917@gmail.com »

eastcoast wrote:
CitizenAudio wrote:Opening up a D*A*M package feels like I am joining a beautiful cult of some sort. The smell, the stickers, the paper shavings, the cotton bag, papers, drawings.

So :doom:
No shit man. It is such an experience. First there's the anticipation for the week or two when you actually win it (which is a whole experience in itself). Then there's the finding the little slip and the ride to the PO to pick it up (heart racing, butterflies). Then its the hand over of the package ad race to get home (just like being a little kid on christmas morning again. Then its the almost religious like ritual of the opening of the box. Cut the tape, slowley open the box, remove the insulation, slowly take the box out.
Then, Take the deep breath open the box, slowly remove the the shreds and stop.
Thats when it really kicks in and you say to yourself "I cant believe I'm holding this in my own fucking hands!" Gaze at the pedal for a minute then get to the manual and the rest of the goods. Look em over. Then you read the manual but you dont remember anything because of the anticipation to hear what it sounds like. (optional step but Its always in my ritual: open up the back and read the quote and check out the guts and finally breathe again). Last step. Plug that bitch in and turn it up with the biggest smile you had all day. paly for hours, drink beers and fall asleep that night like your sleeping in the lap of God himself :crackjam:

Is that about right, or am I ghey :hmm:
Again man, great score
I have finally gotten smart and always stop to get a BIG present for my wife before coming home with a new pedal. I consider it a peace offering before I head down to the basement and crank up the new pedal at ungodly volume for hours on end.
Philip

Post by Philip »

I'll never forget the day my first D*A*M pedal arrived! I'm a postman, so I actually got it at 5 in the morning in my depot. I carried that baby with me during my delivery... fastest I've ever posted, I couldn;t wait to get home!!! :oldlol:

Found D*A*M by chance, but I knew when I plugged that bastid in that it was the beginning of a long term thang. :love:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Philip wrote:I'll never forget the day my first D*A*M pedal arrived! I'm a postman, so I actually got it at 5 in the morning in my depot. I carried that baby with me during my delivery... fastest I've ever posted, I couldn;t wait to get home!!! :oldlol:

Found D*A*M by chance, but I knew when I plugged that bastid in that it was the beginning of a long term thang. :love:
Postman by day, fuzz rock-god by night!!!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by Tonebender »

More 65's? Boy have i missed some stuff whilst ive been away!!!....... :hihi:
RabbitPunch

Post by RabbitPunch »

Even if you were here you might have missed them, they went for a lot of dough! But damn did they look good! :badlove:
Before bringing up drugs with your kids, hook your turntables up to a wah-wah pedal.
Bram

Post by Bram »

It is said that even though Kant produced the foundation for modern art theory, he had never seen a true masterpiece himself. He never left town and was content with comparing napkins and tapestries to natural beauty, and thus easily stumbling upon rigorous principles for objectivity in aesthetic judgments. Even though it seems anemic, this clockwork made its way into a lot of what stands today. Yesterday I got my copper 1965! It would have been fun to wave it under his nose just to see what happened. In different lights it is sometimes wooden, sometimes metallic bronze. The transistors are spreading their legs like vintage pinups.
I am not sure how it compares to the other version, but this one is usable across the entire range given that you make other adjustments. I actually found interesting tones with the attack below 1 and still it gets you all the boost you want. It got a super-brassy overdrive. Given its reputation, I was surprised to see how easy it is to use. Spending time with it will no doubt pay off but it was fun from the start.
It may very well be that all D*A*M boxes are masterpieces like this one. It is my only one so far. I will be waiting for my Fuzz Sound mk3 and by then I will probably play a half decent "Train kept a rollin'".
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

The 66 is my main pedal now and I don't use OD pedals anymore. Upgraded to Epic Status! :headbanger:
RabbitPunch

Post by RabbitPunch »

CitizenAudio wrote:The 66 is my main pedal now and I don't use OD pedals anymore. Upgraded to Epic Status! :headbanger:

You've managed to make me weep on the inside...until a list opens up again! :ztongue:
Before bringing up drugs with your kids, hook your turntables up to a wah-wah pedal.
Richards

Post by Richards »

I am happy to report to you'all that I recieved my 1965 D.A.M Mark 1 replica. The one I purchased from the Ebay auction was the only pedal that housed 1 X OC 75, as well as, 2 X 2G381's , like the famed originals from way back in the day....

This pedal sounds so cool. Mick Ronson would be proud! In the near future I hope to get some pictures up
and write up and post a short review.

I like my D*A*M Mark 1 equally to my D*A*M FuzzSound . And actually they stack together quite erradically , but in the end, the sound/fuzztones produced sound spectacular, and yet, sound like nothing else I ever heard before/ (again in a good way :hihi:

Cheers, Richards
controller700

Post by controller700 »

:hihi: Very nice excerpt on the back!! :hihi:
I don't know what the hell it does, but it's definitely doing it!!