Red Rooster List#3 complete

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

PlumCrazy

Re: Red Rooster List#3 complete

Post by PlumCrazy »

I don't have a Rooster so I can only comment on the CV7112 having used it in my builds. The thing must have been produced by aliens as the thing blows away nearly every other germanium in terms of low leakage, quiet operation, consistency and sound. I think they may have been made by Mullard as most packages they come in had a slip of paper that said CV7112 KB/? which I believe is a Mullard factory code. They are also one of the few transistors that I've seen that can operate either NPN (normal operation) or PNP with slightly different gain characteristic. If I could use them for everything, I would.
http://www.plumcrazyfx.com
Everytime i comb my hair, thoughts of u get in my eyes.
Enjoyer

Post by Enjoyer »

And now . . .
May we open up List 4, please?

Please?

Please?

:captain:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Hola peeps, Just letting y'all know I still ain't sent the Rooster payment info out on this list. As our current sub-heading currently states I am waiting on the stupid little D*A*M baggies coming into stock. They should be here Tuesday so I'll send out the emails once I has em to hand. Having an OCD is great ain't it. :badteeth:
Coolhand78

Post by Coolhand78 »

what does tha capi-tan have to say about the cv7112's?
"Yorkshire isn't a place. Yorkshire is a state of mind." ~ Howard Moon
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Coolhand78 wrote:do they all have the cv7112's?
is this the captain's preferred Ge Transistor?
how do they differ from previously used Ge Trans?
Narp. CV7112's or OC140's. The OC140's are ex-military stock so there be no difference in the tone. They is both uber tight.

For a treble booster, yes.

I'd agree with Kaare on the Alien thing. The CV7112's are the king shit for any booster in my book. I think I used AC127 and/or AC187 before though I have used either the OC139, OC140 and the CV7112''s for a good few years now with only the occasional deviation. The OC139 and the OC140 (the CV7112's being the military version on this) were both designed primary as a switching transistor to be used in computers. I would guess that the very tight specifications would account for the design usage. Put it like this, they make an OC44 sound like your frying dog shit :hihi:
Coolhand78

Post by Coolhand78 »

The Captain wrote:
Coolhand78 wrote:do they all have the cv7112's?
is this the captain's preferred Ge Transistor?
how do they differ from previously used Ge Trans?
Narp. CV7112's or OC140's. The OC140's are ex-military stock so there be no difference in the tone. They is both uber tight.

For a treble booster, yes.

I'd agree with Kaare on the Alien thing. The CV7112's are the king shit for any booster in my book. I think I used AC127 and/or AC187 before though I have used either the OC139, OC140 and the CV7112''s for a good few years now with only the occasional deviation. The OC139 and the OC140 (the CV7112's being the military version on this) were both designed primary as a switching transistor to be used in computers. I would guess that the very tight specifications would account for the design usage. Put it like this, they make an OC44 sound like your frying dog shit :hihi:
nice, the learning curve about all this shit has only just begun.. :)
"Yorkshire isn't a place. Yorkshire is a state of mind." ~ Howard Moon
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

The rooster is an excellent pedal! You guys are gonna enjoy it!

Approximately what's the boost output in db?

I'm liking my oc140 rooster on a dirty channel atm... it's super silent for a treble booster also when stacked with od pedals.
Live Slow... Die old...
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I have been using my Rooster to tighten up one of my amps. It has been working out nicely.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
happiass

Post by happiass »

This thread is killing me. The Rooster is the one D*A*M production pedal that eludes me.. and I didn't get on the list :bangs head: .
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

just took a picture of you staring at the rooster! :coffee:

Live Slow... Die old...