Vintage and Rare now the only DAM dealer

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

MaryKelly

Vintage and Rare now the only DAM dealer

Post by MaryKelly »

Interesting turn of events.

My one concern for buyers is that they should make an agreement to sell at the prices set by DAM and never raise prices closer to used ebay levels based on demand.
The Captain

Re: Vintage and Rare now the only DAM dealer

Post by The Captain »

I worked really hard with my suppliers to beat down the dealer pricing for V&R so the prices are pretty stable. V&R have set their prices as close as possible to the ones I had on the site. Bare in mind, they have way more overheads than I and also have to charge VAT. Looking at them now I would say they are very reasonable indeed.
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

This is exciting news, a web link to the Dealer please!

Cheers
:cheers:
MaryKelly

Post by MaryKelly »

Sickle wrote:Dave, do we really need a separate thread for this?

No biggies, I guess there's gonna be plenty of talk about this, and I agree, it would be great to see people honor and not flop, but I think that would be more Utopian than we can reasonably expect.

T'would be pretty nice, though!

:badteeth:
Every time an email gets sent out someone starts a thread. I dont see the problem with starting this one.

Nice to hear that one of the goals was stable pricing.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Yes, the pricing issue was in the back of my head too. They are definitely reasonably priced right now and I hope it maintains. Thanks for thinking of us, Dave!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Philip

Post by Philip »

1bottlerocket wrote:Yes, the pricing issue was in the back of my head too. They are definitely reasonably priced right now and I hope it maintains. Thanks for thinking of us, Dave!
Yeah that pricing is pretty damn good!
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

I exchanged a couple emails with Joe from Vintage and Rare today, and purchased a Super Bee. The service was great, and I look forward to acquiring more of the Captain's work through them again.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
davy cho

Post by davy cho »

I was thinking that the price would def go up too, but those prices aren't too bad at all. Just hope they stay that way :oldsmile:

And if it means there will be more pedals made, sowe can get our hands on them quicker, that's a result eh?
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Yes, Dave's work is ace and he deserves all the accolades he gets. It is cools that he thinks of his loyal customer base when it comes to pricing but I can imagine his work going for more given the level of craftsmanship, attention to detail and thought and research that goes into each pedal.

Every time I plug into a pedal I am literally blown away by how versatile and unique it is and his whole line. I got into the game late but glad I got in when I did. It may sound cliché but I love them all.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty