How close is the tone between.....

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

Philip

Re: How close is the tone between.....

Post by Philip »

Welcome aboard Scott!

The gold metal enclosure pedal with Gary's signature printed on the top actually has a MKII circuit, however there is now a reissue in the gold case with a MKI circuit in it as well.

This metal cased MKI circuit reissue is not made by Gary though, but he's supposedly overseeing the builds, make of that what you will.

If you want the MKI sound, buy the version without Gary's printed signature on the pedal.

:cheers:
Scott

Post by Scott »

thanks Philip. So youre saying that for pure MK1 accuracy of tone, i should get either the wooden reissue or the NON signed gold metal enclosure one? Which one would you get if you were in the market for one of these?
Bram

Post by Bram »

There is one metal case mkI that is really a mkII that Hurst made and was sold by MG. The new metal case mkI is going to be more like the wooden box version but supposedly with more quality control in transistor selection. The wooden box is a detail remake and it seems they want it to be a bit all over the place. The clip on Youtube speaks for itself and I can't wait to get mine.
Philip

Post by Philip »

Scott wrote: Which one would you get if you were in the market for one of these?
Neither! :squint:
Scott

Post by Scott »

NEITHER! :catfight: well i just don't have the patience to wait for the DAM MK1s, so i went ahead and got the gold metal encased Hurst fuzz. I hope i'm not being sacrelige here. I know this is a DAM forum. :paranoid: But i heard great things about this pedal and i liked what i heard from the clippings. so DAM me! :hihi: :lol:
Philip

Post by Philip »

Scott wrote:NEITHER! :catfight: well i just don't have the patience to wait for the DAM MK1s, so i went ahead and got the gold metal encased Hurst fuzz. I hope i'm not being sacrelige here. I know this is a DAM forum. :paranoid: But i heard great things about this pedal and i liked what i heard from the clippings. so DAM me! :hihi: :lol:
I'm sure it'll sound great! :tu:
Scott

Post by Scott »

Now i can breathe again! :hihi: :crackjam:
Scott

Post by Scott »

Thanks sickle! I guess when you spend good money for something, you want to be absolutely sure that you are getting the highest quality. Sounds like i did. Thanks man!!! the chat room is sweet, unfortunately, noone was in there but me, but i did have a nice chat with myself. :marx: :tu:
Poorbob

Post by Poorbob »

Hey Scott, there's the nicest, most accurate, MKI you'll ever find for $1,600 in the Pedal Purge thread. :hihi:
Scott

Post by Scott »

Poorbob, if i buy that 1600 fuzz pedal in the pedal purge threat, i'm going to have to change my name to POORSCOTT. but i have to look anyway! :oldlol: :hyper:
by the way, where is this PEDAL PURGE THREAD? or were you just kidding around?