Waas Sappening...

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

Post Reply
User avatar
1bottlerocket
Posts: 7816
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re:

Post by 1bottlerocket » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Sk10 wrote:I looooove the sticker. :badlove:
It sure put a smile on my face when I opened it up. I was looking for a quote in there and got that surprise instead.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
_________________________________________
For all things stomp: http://www.effectsdatabase.com/
Big Muff History Page: http://bigmuffpage.com/
I am Incinerator
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:04 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Waas Sappening...

Post by I am Incinerator » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Those green Bee's are pretty sweet :crackjam: I wonder how many people got on the list the first day :errr: ? I think when I got on about two weeks ago there were about 137 for the Bee.

I'm in it for the long haul!
User avatar
1bottlerocket
Posts: 7816
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Waas Sappening...

Post by 1bottlerocket » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:43 pm

I am Incinerator wrote:Those green Bee's are pretty sweet :crackjam: I wonder how many people got on the list the first day :errr: ? I think when I got on about two weeks ago there were about 137 for the Bee.

I'm in it for the long haul!
My favorites to date have been the Orange Bees.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
_________________________________________
For all things stomp: http://www.effectsdatabase.com/
Big Muff History Page: http://bigmuffpage.com/
User avatar
chetz
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:43 pm

Re: Waas Sappening...

Post by chetz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:24 am

1bottlerocket wrote:
I am Incinerator wrote:Those green Bee's are pretty sweet :crackjam: I wonder how many people got on the list the first day :errr: ? I think when I got on about two weeks ago there were about 137 for the Bee.

I'm in it for the long haul!
My favorites to date have been the Orange Bees.
I'm partial to the Hoochie Bee :cheers:
I am Incinerator
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:04 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Waas Sappening...

Post by I am Incinerator » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:41 pm

1bottlerocket wrote:
I am Incinerator wrote:Those green Bee's are pretty sweet :crackjam: I wonder how many people got on the list the first day :errr: ? I think when I got on about two weeks ago there were about 137 for the Bee.

I'm in it for the long haul!
My favorites to date have been the Orange Bees.
I agree, the orange finish suits the bee well, even though bees are for the most part yellow-ish.

I'll go for just about any color when my name comes up :popcorn:
User avatar
1bottlerocket
Posts: 7816
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Waas Sappening...

Post by 1bottlerocket » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 pm

I am Incinerator wrote: I'll go for just about any color when my name comes up :popcorn:
That is my take too!

I had a chance to play it today and I have to say, it is pretty incredible! Totally different feel than the '66. I found it a lot smoother and more sustain. Amazingly, it cleans up too with just an edge of hair on the signal. Another great build form the D*A*M lab!!! :party:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
_________________________________________
For all things stomp: http://www.effectsdatabase.com/
Big Muff History Page: http://bigmuffpage.com/
I am Incinerator
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:04 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Waas Sappening...

Post by I am Incinerator » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:46 pm

1bottlerocket wrote:
I am Incinerator wrote: I'll go for just about any color when my name comes up :popcorn:
That is my take too!

I had a chance to play it today and I have to say, it is pretty incredible! Totally different feel than the '66. I found it a lot smoother and more sustain. Amazingly, it cleans up too with just an edge of hair on the signal. Another great build form the D*A*M lab!!! :party:
how does it compare to a MKII? I've heard that it's less compressed, more open. Is it more raspy/buzzy in the top end? More bass? I'm still a relative newbie to fuzz only fuzzes that I've played are an MKII (Skinpimp), and a Ge Fuzzface (a not-so-working '69).

My old Distortion + used to get pretty fuzzy though, as well as some of the BJFE stuff I've had.
User avatar
molokaio
Posts: 1133
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:03 am
Location: Italy

Post by molokaio » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

My good friend electric swan had a little shootout with my dams and recorded it...
the 66 in super bee mode is the biggest of the all.. more low end, more anger, more gain... around half vid he goes thru all pedals quickly to hear differences.
Sound quality is not the best but gives you a damn good idea of the differences!

Live Slow... Die old...
User avatar
Sk10
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:07 pm
Location: Antwerp, Belgium

Post by Sk10 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:04 am

Great clip!
I can't wait till my 1966 of the last list arrives....
User avatar
smogfalls
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:14 pm
Location: Nottingham, England

Re:

Post by smogfalls » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:07 am

Sk10 wrote:Great clip!
I can't wait till my 1966 of the last list arrives....
Me too! :hyper:

molokaio wrote:My good friend electric swan had a little shootout with my dams and recorded it...
the 66 in super bee mode is the biggest of the all.. more low end, more anger, more gain... around half vid he goes thru all pedals quickly to hear differences.
Sound quality is not the best but gives you a damn good idea of the differences!

Nice clip Rob, will check it out again later when I can turn the volume up some!
Xan :)
Guitar Lessons - Online via Skype or in Nottingham, England

http://alexfarran.webs.com

Shape Lieutenant - Progressive Rock/Metal/Jazz...

http://soundcloud.com/shape-lt/shape-lt ... -june-2011
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest