Welcome Kate Ebneter

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

kebneter

Re: Welcome Kate Ebneter

Post by kebneter »

Hi, folks, nice to be here.

Someone asked who I am ... no one special, just a pedal collector who's been around quite a while. I started collecting in the mid-90s, and currently have, um, about 4000 or so pedals. I collect everything from vintage to modern, boutique or big commercial, and I really love fuzz and delay. I'm mostly interested in how things sound and don't get too fussed about condition as long as the thing works. I also collect guitars and related instruments and amplifiers.

The one thing I do collect seriously is Boss stuff. Boss is the only brand where I actually care about different colorways, slightly different circuit variations, etc. Otherwise I just buy whatever seems cool to me.

I don't have a lot of pictures of my collection right now but I'm cataloging my D*A*M pedals at the moment so I'll take some glamour shots.

I'm a software engineer who lucked into a very successful IPO about a decade ago so I can afford to feed my habit. This past year I've done a _lot_ of buying — my feeble contribution to the global economy.

Feel free to ask me anything. :-)

Kate Ebneter
Collector of Noise Toys
eborej

Post by eborej »

Doc Holliday wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:13 pm Who’s Kate? 🤔
I heard she is a ruthless pedal collector with a mythical reputation in the fuzz underworld. This is the only picture of her known to exist:

Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Awesome welcome to the pack!

Just bought a Roland/boss SRV 2000 myself and have a Roland SDE1000 on route! You’re in good company :tu:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

eborej wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:39 am
Doc Holliday wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:13 pm Who’s Kate? 🤔
I heard she is a ruthless pedal collector with a mythical reputation in the fuzz underworld. This is the only picture of her known to exist:

Ha noice
Fishleehooker

Post by Fishleehooker »

Haha Kate. I figured it was either computer sales or Big Weed. HAHA. I was hoping big weed. I am quite happy to welcome you in here.
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

kebneter wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:38 am Hi, folks, nice to be here.

Someone asked who I am ... no one special, just a pedal collector who's been around quite a while. I started collecting in the mid-90s, and currently have, um, about 4000 or so pedals. I collect everything from vintage to modern, boutique or big commercial, and I really love fuzz and delay. I'm mostly interested in how things sound and don't get too fussed about condition as long as the thing works. I also collect guitars and related instruments and amplifiers.

The one thing I do collect seriously is Boss stuff. Boss is the only brand where I actually care about different colorways, slightly different circuit variations, etc. Otherwise I just buy whatever seems cool to me.

I don't have a lot of pictures of my collection right now but I'm cataloging my D*A*M pedals at the moment so I'll take some glamour shots.

I'm a software engineer who lucked into a very successful IPO about a decade ago so I can afford to feed my habit. This past year I've done a _lot_ of buying — my feeble contribution to the global economy.

Kate Ebneter
Collector of Noise Toys

So awesome - looking forward to seeing some of your collection and hearing of your experiences - this the place where us fuzz lovers congregate!
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Have you ever seen a DM-2 with this early of a serial number? The back of the board is different than any that I have ever seen too. Here’s a link to my IG feed. Can post pics later.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHYld2tn-Io ... =copy_link
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Lee

Post by Lee »

I bet Fuzz pedals are out performing most stocks and crypto now. I was told by my father always invest in tangible stuff not imaginary money.

Welcome Kate please post picks of all your collection plus your Fuzz pedals. Cheers welcome aboard
sideasoundlab

Post by sideasoundlab »

kebneter wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:38 am Hi, folks, nice to be here.

Kate Ebneter
Collector of Noise Toys
Hi Kate,
I just sold you my amazing sounding OC75 gold Juju.
I already regret it
Last edited by sideasoundlab on Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes
sideasoundlab

Post by sideasoundlab »

Fishleehooker wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:27 pm Haha Kate. I figured it was either computer sales or Big Weed. HAHA. I was hoping big weed. I am quite happy to welcome you in here.
Hey FishLee,
Have you thought about that 3rd Catman ? :whistle:
Good deals with: Fishleehooker, Sovtekfuzz, Idle South, Blue Colander Stompboxes