Supa -vs- Jumbo Tonebenders?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

kb892

Re: Supa -vs- Jumbo Tonebenders?

Post by kb892 »

Jumbo is a three transistor design similar to a big muff circuit... sort of one tranny shy of a big muff (sounds kinda odd, eh?), Supa is a four transistor design which is almost identical to the big muff circuit. Which would be better for bass would be a matter of opinion, they both have what sounds like a really fat clean signal mixed in with the output that gives them a distinctly different voice than a regular big muff and the Supa has more compression and distortion on tap than the Jumbo. What I have is the B & M Fuzz Unit (Jumbo circuit), and a 90's reissue Supa Steve Hackett edition and the B & M sounds like a cross between a "Tonebender" and a "Big Muff" whereas the Supa is even further from the "Tonebender" sound and closer to the "Big Muff" where "Tonebender" and "Big Muff" are extreme generalizations... hope that helps. I'm sure somebody could state it more simply! My pic would be the Jumbo mainly cuz it's a little less compressed and would tend to growl more than the Supa which may mush out but I'm just a 6 stringer so..... :whistle:
JP30

Re: Supa -vs- Jumbo Tonebenders?

Post by JP30 »

there were some "Super VS Jumbo" related thread in old D*A*M forum...

I think that the Captain recently purchased Jumbo and Super .. . (a few weeks ago..)
It would be great to have Jumbo and Super as D*A*M pedal line up :geek: