chankgeez

Re: Introduce yourself, you bastard!!!

Post by chankgeez »

:tu:
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
Space_Case

Post by Space_Case »

Hi All, name's Martin and I've been a longtime reader of the forum, longtime addict for the dark arts of vintage fuzz pedals, but it took forever for it to click in my head that it'd be a damn good idea if I actually crawled out of my hermitage of fuzzitude and actually shared some of my experiences. Well... that and the fact that everyone I know (even my guitarist friends) seem to have their eyes glaze over when I start going off about how some beautiful explosion of a fuzz helps flood my house with a wave of sound.

As for fuzzes I've got a few... my D*A*Ms include a 1966 (one of the 2017 ones), an FS-77 (resplendent with a Hitchhiker's Guide quote, an OC45 and 2 OC82Ds inside), and a lovely GB-88 Greasebox. Also have an EFE Lucifer Rising if we're mentioning other ways I've emptied my wallet :smashed:

The one that started the deep dive into fuzz is my Pigdog Fuzzbound (1 NKT213 and 2 NKT 214s) and I've since added a custom paint JuJu to go with one of the Steve Williams/Sola Sound MKIs. That Fuzzbound is the fuzz by which I judge all others that have entered my domain and it has not led me astray since :badlove:

Gotta also throw out some love for my mid to late 70s Marshall Supa Fuzz, my Rush Amps Pepbox, Analogman Sunbender Mk1.5 and Sunface NKT Red Dot, my lovely skinpimp faceplant, my Roger Mayer Vision Octavia (hate that the enclosure makes you need straight cables though!) and my always joyful Castledine Supa MkI. Hell I've got such a love affair for things germanium that it's seeped into my subconscious to the point that when I bought my Castledine Magical Mystery Box I didn't realize it had a pair of AC125s until I had a look inside :hyper:

Needless to say I'm a psychedelic blues man at heart and I love my music dirty, raw, and on the verge of collapse and that's how I also like my fuzz pedals. Anyhoo enough rambling from me, just thought I'd say hi
"'Information. What's wrong with dope and women? Is it any wonder the world's gone insane, with information come to be the only real medium of exchange?' 'I thought it was cigarettes.'"
simonm

Post by simonm »

hi Space, welcome to Fuzzland, where there are no borders!
Is your Pepbox a 60s one? Can we see it?
Handmade, high-impact, great-looking radical queer germanium fuzz. A different approach to 1960s-inspired fuzz pedals, no clones, check them out at https://goodfuzzysounds.com or on YouTube https://tinyurl.com/GFS-YT
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

Welcome aboard Martin! Sounds like you’ve got plenty of great fuzzes there! Steve’s Buzzaround’s are phenomenal, I’ve got the same transistor set up on mine, absolute face-melter of a pedal :headpop:
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Welcome Martin!
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Space_Case

Post by Space_Case »

Thanks guys very happy to be aboard, also my Pepbox is one of Pepe's reissues with germanium transistors which he's recently done so not one of the original WEM ones. Absolutely love the break up and definition in the gain that you get with it. Very warm and full but not flubby bass, definitely a favorite and one I had to check out after seeing Philip's videos with it.

Photo-wise I'm still figuring out the best way for me to store and then attach them, though I've had a look a look through the how to threads and should be able to sort it out from that
"'Information. What's wrong with dope and women? Is it any wonder the world's gone insane, with information come to be the only real medium of exchange?' 'I thought it was cigarettes.'"
howdo3313

Post by howdo3313 »

Hi ^^^Martin, and everyone here at the forum.
I’m Chris. Been a drummer most of my life, but have always mucked around on guitar and bass. I never really felt I played enough to merit buying guitar effects...that and friends would leave pedals around if I felt the urge.

Over the last few years I’ve been playing guitar a whole lot more, and have been investing money into it a bit. Mostly just trying to round up a few “dream” guitars. You know...a Jazzmaster here...and XII there. Things like that.

More recently though I’ve been watching/listening to demo videos and favourite records...reading up on Gary Hurst and the history of the Tonebender.
And a few days back I finally reached out to Ant will be getting my first fuzz box in the next little while.

I’m very excited and hope that this is the start of a wonderful fuzzy adventure:)
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Hello Chris, welcome :tu:

Getting in touch with Ant is a great place to start your fuzz journey
’brutish in character but not thug like’
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Welcome, Chris!
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
howdo3313

Post by howdo3313 »

Thanks for having me:)
Happy to be here.