Son of Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Jim Goad

Re: Son of Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

Post by Jim Goad »

resynthesis wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:02 pm
I almost bid on one last week but with Mrs Resynthesis working from home it's difficult to get anything new in when I'm supposed to be reducing my "junk" :)
Just get one! A decent example can be bought for around £160. Absolute bargain.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
Lach

Post by Lach »

Just received this sweet Orville Les Paul Jr! The neck feels so nice! Hot P90 in there too, I think it's all original.. maybe. Anyway plays and sounds awesome!
Attachments
20200808_113239.jpg
20200808_113239.jpg (514.61 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
20200808_113315.jpg
20200808_113315.jpg (761.97 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
Bigfoot2000

Post by Bigfoot2000 »

Lovely guitar. I really dig the tuners! Was the cat part of the deal?
Instagram: @bigfoot.2000
Lach

Post by Lach »

Bigfoot2000 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:10 am Lovely guitar. I really dig the tuners! Was the cat part of the deal?
Haha! Nope, that's my cat Iggy Pop, stubborn little shit wouldn't get off the bed so, fine, be in the pic...
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

You’ll have much fun I’m sure!!! P90s are very versatile. Some great builders out there too if that P90 isn’t as vintage as you’d want
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Looks great!
It's like an orange on a toothpick
Lach

Post by Lach »

^cheers guys! I'm pretty stoked on it! I found out from the seller it is the original Gibson USA P90 in there (it's a G serial model) but the bridge he'd changed a couple of times before finding one that intonates best - nice, a job I don't need to worry about, it's pretty bang on to my ear. The neck feels so great! I haven't had a Gibson style electric in the arsenal for a few years and it feels nice to come back
jagermonster

Post by jagermonster »

Lach wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:34 pm ^cheers guys! I'm pretty stoked on it! I found out from the seller it is the original Gibson USA P90 in there (it's a G serial model) but the bridge he'd changed a couple of times before finding one that intonates best - nice, a job I don't need to worry about, it's pretty bang on to my ear. The neck feels so great! I haven't had a Gibson style electric in the arsenal for a few years and it feels nice to come back
Killer, been obsessed with the Japanese Gibbos ever since I got my '82 Greco. Would love to get my hands on an Orville JUST like that one. Goes hand in glove with fuzzers.
Lach

Post by Lach »

jagermonster wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:43 pm
Lach wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:34 pm ^cheers guys! I'm pretty stoked on it! I found out from the seller it is the original Gibson USA P90 in there (it's a G serial model) but the bridge he'd changed a couple of times before finding one that intonates best - nice, a job I don't need to worry about, it's pretty bang on to my ear. The neck feels so great! I haven't had a Gibson style electric in the arsenal for a few years and it feels nice to come back
Killer, been obsessed with the Japanese Gibbos ever since I got my '82 Greco. Would love to get my hands on an Orville JUST like that one. Goes hand in glove with fuzzers.
Absolutely! I had a really nice '87 Greco SG that I sold a while back. Had some other really nice MIJ SGs too, but this is my first LP, I'm glad it's a Junior, suits me perfectly and goes great with fuzz! What model is your '82?
jagermonster

Post by jagermonster »

Lach wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:03 am
jagermonster wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:43 pm
Absolutely! I had a really nice '87 Greco SG that I sold a while back. Had some other really nice MIJ SGs too, but this is my first LP, I'm glad it's a Junior, suits me perfectly and goes great with fuzz! What model is your '82?
It's a Super Power Custom.