EBAY the things i did not buy

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

jext-telez

Re: EBAY the things i did not buy

Post by jext-telez »

Hello DAM Forum members. I have finally joined tonight. I was looking at some pictures of DAM builds and peeked into the Forum. I stuck my company name in the search bar to see what terrible things might have been said and found a few familiar faces actually dropping my name within the last few days. Totally cool. Rafmax, what's up! And I guess my potentiometer salesman is here? Cool.

Let me address a few comments. superslidetail says I bought effects from him and then try to flip or double my money. Let me explain my approach. I do flip a LOT of pedals. When I started really heavily flipping three years ago (I was a part timer up until Sept. 2012) I was buying what I wanted to know more about. I have always been a deep gear addict and figured out I'm much happier getting to buy and try than hoarding. I find most gear addicts really struggle with the keeping part-- which really cuts into your ability to get more. I broke out of that mold-- I'll sell almost anything I own. I've probably bought and sold somewhere around give or take I'm not exactly sure 4000 pedals in this past three years now. My keepers collection is less than 25 pedals.
But back to my rationalization for what it is I do--Flip-- I have quite a client list now-- these guys trust my taste and trust that I service everything that comes in if need be. So the service I'm providing is a very nice selection of vintage pedals you can confidently buy without getting into a stressful return situation. I handle all the stressful returns with the people trying to pass off broken pedals myself. I usually have about three or four open returns at any given time-- and I do not put broken or compromised stuff in my ebay or reverb stores-- unless it's clearly declared.
As far as double my money-- maybe once in a while if someone really undervalues their stuff. Most of the time I'm just trying to make any amount that keeps the wheels turning. I very often don't make anything or even lose money-- usually on stuff I was really dying to try.

OK, joegagan says he has found some 'weird 'partial truths' ' and that I use 'pseudo-rare' hype and that I"m not leaving a good information legacy. Wow! You know, it would really help if you could site some examples-- kind of hard to defend myself against this big blanket of distaste. Let me say this-- I do use the exclamation crutch quite a bit. The -WOW! I'm Excited about the sound of this one!- thing. The truth is I have to list around 150 pedals a moth, sometimes more. That roughly breaks down to 40 a week or 6 a day. My post-folks start showing up at 9 am and I get 6 or 8 sometimes 15 pedals in everyday. So then it's an hour to open them up, an hour to plug them all in and test them-- once every other day an extra half an hour to open a case to return the one that is plainly badly broken and should have never been sold-- then run off to the post office usually around noon to ship out the 4 or 6 or 12 pedals that have sold in the last 24 hours. Get back and start photographing all the ones that are going up. This usually runs right into 3 or 4 pm now and I'm off picking up children from school. Later on in the evening between making dinner, appointments with Detroit guitar players coming in to try out stuff, etc.. it's time to write the listings. And here is where my excuse comes in. Alot of times I simply take the shortcut of writing a two line review saying 'this pedal is awesome! perfect!'. I simply don't have the time everytime to write thoughtful prose on my complete experiences with and insights into tone color and its effect on culture-- but I love to when I can. Anyway-- I usually wrap up getting all the listings up by midnight, sometimes 3AM- it all starts over again with getting the kids to school at 6 AM.
I would like to improve joe g. I'm willing to listen to your perspective on what I'm doing wrong. Allow me to add one more fun fact to picture I painted above-- somewhere between all of that happening, I am also buying 4 or 6 or 10 new pedals-- bidding them out, scheduling when I need to be sitting there for the last minute of bidding. My family and friends basically say this; You work too much. All you do is work. You're going to kill yourself.

Best to all!
Bob Ebeling
Jext Telez
Rygar

Post by Rygar »

Save the drama for your mama.
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

jext-telez wrote:Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit Boutiquebullshit
Fascinating, pls either post photos of vintage pedals or go back to TGP
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

Hello Bob,
as I mentioned in a Private Message I guess you have already read, you should post here first Introduce yourself.
I am not an admin here, but that would look better than hijacking a thread that has no real link with your daily schedule :hihi:

What else... I wish you good luck. You will soon know if this place can bring you what you are looking for :chillin:
Raphael
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Doesn't bother me, Bob. I do it sometimes on eBay myself from time to time on a much, much, much smaller scale and I have no problem with you buying my stuff. I was just calling it like I see it, that's all.
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

Ok,
back to original Topic :
(this is some kind of hazing for you Bob :whistle: :cheers: )

Beiieve it or not, I didn't buy this Dizzy Tone :rolleyes2:
Nick
The Artist Formerly Known As nightraven

Post by Nick »

:oldlol: not even a box at that price...
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I can understand buying a pedal and getting a good deal on it. Having it for a while, playing it, doing some R&D, whatever, and then selling it for a higher price. But when I see something like the rosac distortion blender that you bought for a reasonable price (which I would have actually enjoyed using) and then it's up on eBay like 2-3 days later at a grossly inflated price to what you bought it for. Well, that sucks sir. No two ways about it. Make your money some other way dude. End of discussion.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Philip

Post by Philip »

WTF is this shit!? :oldlol:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

:hmm: dunno!?

:badteeth: