Boring topic but what brand patch cable you use?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Re: Boring topic but what brand patch cable you use?

Post by anemochore »

Spook wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:10 pm
welshchris wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:53 pm Am using the EBS flat patches now, they work really well on a board with super packing density.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/ebs-premium ... cable-10cm
I use them too, tried George L solder-less...f***ing garbage, went back to EBS :oldgrin:
Yeah starting to have trouble with them too. Have to recut then repair. Which also means inspection everytime I record or play out. EBS sounds like the ticket. Our other Guitarist likes these. Any thoughts? I would tend to lean towards the EBS
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... hqEALw_wcB
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

anemochore wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:04 pm Yeah starting to have trouble with them too. Have to recut then repair. Which also means inspection everytime I record or play out. EBS sounds like the ticket. Our other Guitarist likes these. Any thoughts? I would tend to lean towards the EBS
EBS are top notch, but can get in the way a bit if you want short cable runs on your board. Very flexible though.

I can't say enough good things about the Evidence Audio solderless, the design really does fix all of the nagging reliability issues with solderless cables.
Ben
Spook

Post by Spook »

I have a tendency to change pedals a lot, not use a fixed board. So for my use the Ebs work great.
I just got tired of the cutting and repairing, and the unreliability.
:pazuzu:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I use George l’s and I’m glad to see everyone else has had trouble.
If I was gigging I couldn’t trust them short circuiting on me but for what I do I do like the tone they provide me.
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Doc Holliday wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:35 am I use George l’s and I’m glad to see everyone else has had trouble.
If I was gigging I couldn’t trust them short circuiting on me but for what I do I do like the tone they provide me.
Man, I hate those things. At least one died every gig. Quit using them after the 3rd time.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

I’ve got a mix of lava tightrope and evidence sis. They’re basically the same design, both screw in solderless. I’m not sure who ripped off who. The lava cables are thinner than the evidence audio ones but I don’t notice a sound difference. I’ve never had a problem with either of them, both sturdy as fuck.
hstlaurent

Post by hstlaurent »

Home made: switchcraft connectors and mogami cable