Boring topic but what brand patch cable you use?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

George L's.... gotta put the plug ends on the correct way. Once they are on you're good for a long time.
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
Zzufrepus

Re: Boring topic but what brand patch cable you use?

Post by Zzufrepus »

i love sharin foo wrote:I have a shit ton of George L's. Some of them I've been using for almost 15 years now. I love them. I was going to sell them all and switch to Lava a few years back but kept them "just in case". Good thing I did.. the solderless Lava cables I bought suck ass. George L's have never let me down, so I'll keep on with them. They have gotten way expensive though. I bought mine when they were only half what they are now.

I have a handful of the 6 and 12 inch Dimarzios with molded ends which are durable and seem to sound fine. They are real stiff and difficult to route pedals with. If the pedals aren't velcroed down they will move them all around.

For my longer, guitar-> pedalboard cables, I have a couple Bullet coily cables I've been using forever. The stress relief slides on them, so I have that taped in place. Otherwise no issues. They are heavy as fuck though.

i sold all my George L's and bought Lava cables, the Lava cables sucked and they were/are a pain in the ass to make. never had a problem with the George L's, it was right around when Lava was hyping the shit out of their cables and how superior they were over George L's :doh: .
netzfilm

Post by netzfilm »

yes, I am affiliated, but check these guys out - send my regards and maybe you'll get a discount.
they'll help you out with custom length patch cords etc.

http://www.toastercables.com/music/gb

Zzufrepus

Post by Zzufrepus »

^ their instagram :drool2:
duende

Post by duende »

I solder my own Evidence Audio Melody Cable. Inexpensive and sounds great. Used George L's for years until I did a tone test and realized how much low end I was loosing and ho much they push the upper mids.

No BS. Particularly if you use a buffer like a klon on your board with the thinner gauge cable. George L's suck.
pulse.

Post by pulse. »

I'm now using Evidence Monorail with SIS plugs, great design and the sound is as good as any soldered evidence cable.
My second choice is Mogami 2524 with Switchcraft pancake plugs.
i love sharin foo

Post by i love sharin foo »

Zzufrepus wrote: i sold all my George L's and bought Lava cables, the Lava cables sucked and they were/are a pain in the ass to make. never had a problem with the George L's, it was right around when Lava was hyping the shit out of their cables and how superior they were over George L's :doh: .
I JUST about did the same exact thing. I remember having a guy lined up to buy all my George L's, then he backed out at the last minute. It gave me enough time to second guess the whole thing (and find out that the Lava cables weren't what I'd hoped for). Live and learn, right? These days, I've been trying to tell myself.. if it works, don't fuck with it!!
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

pulse. wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:45 am I'm now using Evidence Monorail with SIS plugs, great design and the sound is as good as any soldered evidence cable.
I’ll second this. These things are solid as fuck and make for a super tidy board.
Ben
daCod

Post by daCod »

need a few more ends to assist in the rearrangement of my board SO i'd be happy to take any spare George L's off peeps hands. hit me up :tu:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
PSQRCL

Post by PSQRCL »

If anyone is after pre-made custom length cables, Tym makes some great ones!
Use them on my board, from my guitar and to the amp. Been gigging them for 2 years now with no issues.

https://tymguitars.com.au/collections/a ... tch-cables