WE HAVE A DODGY SELLER IN THE NEST ...... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

MrB

Re: we have a dodgy seller in the nest .... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by MrB »

thank you Duc --- hopefully seller just sorts it out rather than jeopadize their reputation ...... EXPOSURE will come if they don't
DucRyder wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:55 pm I hope you can lodge a chargeback with your CC Company. Good luck Mr. B.... oh and yes please by all means out this person.
MrB

Re: we have a dodgy seller in the nest .... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by MrB »

thanks Simon --- yeah not excuse really. Last message I got was a blank email. EXPOSURE it might be but yes, definately would rather the goods/deal that was done would be best
simonm wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:25 pm Whoever it is either in some kind of mess (no excuse) or they are a thief. Have you heard from them recently? The only leverage you have is the threat of disclosure, but I can see you would rather have the goods, and have been holding on to that possibility. Good luck!
MrB

Post by MrB »

mmm, not bizarre, just rediuculous ....... see what happens, NO EXCUSE at all, when so many of them
fernieite wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:45 pm Wow, that's bizarre man! Hope you get your money back, or the pedals. There's no excuse for that kind of crap... :gripe:
MrB

Post by MrB »

yeah same here, but always a bad egg somewhere ... just might be becoming a EXPOSED egg if not sorted ASAP -- thanks for the advice
redeyeflight wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:04 pm I have nothing but good deals here. If it's an active member they should really man up and send you the pedals but after three months unfortunately at this point they're trying and succeeding in ripping you off. Contact paypal, try and make arrangements to get your money back, and at the very least let the captain know what's happened so appropriate measures can be taken. Sorry this happened. Such a great place we have here so that's extra lame if a regular member has decided to be a crook.
MrB

Post by MrB »

I've heard of a few others to avoid. Glad that he's long gone, may happen here to
Zacharia Matilda wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:10 pm Sounds like Ultraboreal. But he's long long gone. That guy was a turd.
MrB

Post by MrB »

thanks Tim, thanks for advice -- yes any amount sucks, esp when so many good deals here, this has just become a rotten egg. Hopefully they sort it before I go the EXPOSURE route.
1bottlerocket wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:24 pm Man, sorry to hear about that situation, Ben. Even though you used Paypal gift option you do have options to file a claim, though they may be limited. If you used a credit card I believe you can go directly to the card issuer and file for a chargeback. I hope it works out because losing any amount of money sucks.
MrB

Post by MrB »

thanks Jason, thanks for the kind words. Yeah it's those 1% that makes a sour taste in the mouth. That 1% pay the price in the long run by tarnishing their name & a lot harder to sell here & other places. Could even make the Captain think twice about dealing with him (& he has done custom orders for him). It's a real shame and a lot of bad energy .... EXPOSURE might be a good thing if he doesn't do the right thing now .... claims & a badly tarnished name isn't good for some who buys a bunch of pedals (& also uses here to sell) ---

you're a good bloke/seller tho Jason
SilverTightrope wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:36 pm This is why the PayPal Gift option has always been a little scary...we always want to think the best of people (especially likeminded fellow fuzzheads!), but there are always a few unscrupulous assholes out there trying to take advantage of the rest of us and an honor system that works 99% of the time...it’s just that 1% that’s the problem. I’ve had problems also on some other forums (unsurprisingly, but where the gift option has now been banned), but I really wouldn’t expect that kind of thing here...and it’s a shame, because this is generally a pretty tight nit group where we shouldn’t have to worry about that sort of bullshit. Ben is one of the best guys to deal with and a really good dude in general...I hope the seller makes it right, otherwise I would out his ass publicly so he doesn’t burn anyone else. Hope it doesn’t come to that, but ya’ gotta do what ya’ gotta do...and if he doesn’t do the right thing, I’d still try to PayPal dispute it despite the gift option. I’ve heard about buyers who’ve been burned still winning...
MrB

Post by MrB »

thanks Jim -- me too, & yeah very disheartening ..... but also not a good thing for the seller with a EXPOSED / known name a a dodgy seller. Makes it hard on themselves in the long run .... hopefully they sort it out quick & smoothly with no more excuses
Jim Goad wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:08 pm Shit. Hope it works out and you don’t need to name and shame. Not nice if there’s a dodgy seller lurking though.
MrB

Post by MrB »

thanks -- see what happens. Hopefully it's sorted without EXPOSURE being needed
Laservampire wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:04 pm Jesus that’s a lot of cash.

No suggestions on what to do unfortunately. Hopefully you can salvage the sale.
Laservampire

Re: WE HAVE A DODGY SELLER IN THE NEST ...... let me know your positive advice - thanks guys

Post by Laservampire »

Was it someone you'd had dealings with before?
Ben