Which one?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

User avatar
Doc Holliday
Posts: 2770
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:41 pm
Location: UK West Midlands

Re: Which one?

Post by Doc Holliday » Thu May 16, 2019 6:58 am

Currently I also only have a DAM supa zee MK1.
It’s got so much variation in the fuzz knob it covers a lot of ground.
In order to get a loan, you first need to prove that you don't need it.
User avatar
stella_blues
Posts: 2065
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:11 pm
Location: Auld Reekie

Re: Which one?

Post by stella_blues » Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Personally I’d keep one of each....Fuzz Face, MKII and Big Muff. These cover virtually any fuzz flavour you’ll ever need. The rest is just gravy and a lot of variations of the same circuit.
User avatar
Dullboy
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:49 pm
Location: Adriatic Riviera, Italy

Re: Which one?

Post by Dullboy » Thu May 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Zacharia Matilda wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:51 pm
Yeah I'd say you just have to play the hell out of all of them and stick with the ones that float your boat. Each iteration has its own characteristics that vary from box to box. Do you like super high gain muffs or ones that are a little more transparent and raspy? Do you like your mkI to gate at all or are you trying to avoid that? And of course there is the question of your guitars and amps, as was wisely mentioned before. And some fuzzes only really give you the goods at high volume so some are better for gigging and some are better for studio/home use.

It's a good question and it's really tough to get any opinions that will be useful for you. It's so subjective and there are so many parameters to consider. My experience has been that, with few exceptions, getting rid of a fuzz box is never done without regret...either now or later.

Good luck.
thanks a lot.
I'm not particularly afraid of selling. It's the will to possess all this stuff that bothers me, because physically I can't/won't use all them, they take space in my room and in my brain ehehe.
Someone could play them.
Thank you.
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke


(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
User avatar
Dullboy
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:49 pm
Location: Adriatic Riviera, Italy

Re: Which one?

Post by Dullboy » Thu May 16, 2019 1:01 pm

innerflight wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:02 pm
that's not too difficult for me, I'm a Tone Bender kinda guy and the MKII is the best all rounder imo, so that would be my choice, like Doc says works well with most guitars/amps :tu:


sooooo what you selling? :marx: :popcorn:
Hi Iain!
For sure some MKII, MKI and some other variants.
You'll see in few days/weeks.
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke


(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
User avatar
Dullboy
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:49 pm
Location: Adriatic Riviera, Italy

Re: Which one?

Post by Dullboy » Thu May 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Lach wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:25 pm
I feel that having a bunch of variations of a circuit that you love is a great thing and far more useful than having 2 of lots of different fuzzers, some that you don't really or rarely gel with anyway?

Is that any help? That's a realisation I came to when considering same a few years ago...
I haven't quite understand.
Better one for all kind of fuzzes or more examples of the same circuit you like (for example MKII)?
Thanks!!
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke


(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
User avatar
Dullboy
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:49 pm
Location: Adriatic Riviera, Italy

Re: Which one?

Post by Dullboy » Thu May 16, 2019 1:08 pm

Laservampire wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:59 am
I find that there are enough flavors and purposes to justify keeping multiple fuzzes.

At the moment I have four mk1's and am only selling one because it's reasonably covered by the other three.
So you don't have all the other kind of fuzzes?
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke


(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
User avatar
Dullboy
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:49 pm
Location: Adriatic Riviera, Italy

Re: Which one?

Post by Dullboy » Thu May 16, 2019 1:12 pm

stella_blues wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm
Personally I’d keep one of each....Fuzz Face, MKII and Big Muff. These cover virtually any fuzz flavour you’ll ever need. The rest is just gravy and a lot of variations of the same circuit.
This is reasonable, but what about MKI and MK1.5? :badteeth:
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke


(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
User avatar
Lach
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Which one?

Post by Lach » Thu May 16, 2019 6:17 pm

Dullboy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:07 pm
Lach wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:25 pm
I feel that having a bunch of variations of a circuit that you love is a great thing and far more useful than having 2 of lots of different fuzzers, some that you don't really or rarely gel with anyway?

Is that any help? That's a realisation I came to when considering same a few years ago...
I haven't quite understand.
Better one for all kind of fuzzes or more examples of the same circuit you like (for example MKII)?
Thanks!!
Yeah more examples of the same one you like! That would always be more useful to me, rather than having multiple second, third, fourth favourites that I'm not gonna use much anyway...
But really I wish I could just be happy with 1 MkI :hihi:
User avatar
Laservampire
Posts: 736
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:34 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Which one?

Post by Laservampire » Thu May 16, 2019 6:20 pm

Dullboy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:08 pm
Laservampire wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:59 am
I find that there are enough flavors and purposes to justify keeping multiple fuzzes.

At the moment I have four mk1's and am only selling one because it's reasonably covered by the other three.
So you don't have all the other kind of fuzzes?
Of other types I only have a single one each of FZ-1, Fuzz Face, Mk1.5, MkII, harmonic percolator, Boss FZ-3 and Ibanez FZ7.

But likely to buy more....
Ben
User avatar
Lee
Posts: 1777
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Transylvania

Re: Which one?

Post by Lee » Thu May 16, 2019 8:05 pm

Keep them all you’ll regret selling them. It’s always good to have many different fuzzes for each type of situation or mood. I’ve sold some pedals that I regret selling and bought a different pedal same circuits but wasn’t satisfied. Too each their own. I think we all contemplated your situation
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests