Reverb and Tremelo pedal

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Dr Tony Balls

Re: Reverb and Tremelo pedal

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

skelt101 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:10 pm
Dr Tony Balls wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 pm One even with the Brown harmonic vibrato. Wowza.

:badteeth: You have my attention, Doctor. Please continue.
Ha. The circuits have been around for awhile, I think developed by independent parties and then sold as Weber kits. One is commonly known as the "ReVibe" which is a 6G15 married to the three-tube harmonic vibrato that you'd see in a Brown Pro/Super/Bandmaster. The other known as the "ToReVibe" and marries a 6G15 to a bias modulating tremolo circuit, but specifically a pre-amp tube bias modulating circuit, like you'd find in a Vibrochamp. Both pretty nifty ideas.
Philip

Post by Philip »

Doc Holliday wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:30 am Mate strymon flint or the new fender tre verb

Liking the sound of the Fender pedal. :freakout:
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

I have (and love) the Flint I've been looking at the Source Audio True Spring recently.

The spring algorithm on the Flint isn't the best (nothing like a real outboard tank) but the True Spring seems to really capture the sound and response of the real thing:

All of the settings have a deep edit functionality with a phone app. It also has the same three tremolo sounds as the Flint built in as well! (accessible from secondary controls) I'm hoping the optical blackface trem sounds a bit better than the Flint's too.

However for sheer convenience (and the AMAZING plate reverb, bias & harmonic trem sounds) the Flint can't be beat.
Ben
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Yeah ^ I agree. I rebought the flint for the trem mainly.
I have bias trem on a few of my amps and the bias setting gets close. The harmonic is nice to. Not as vibey as some but still very useable.
The optical gets to choppy to early for me.
As for the verbs they’re good.
I believe the spring is based on a 2 spring. May have something to do with the lack of drip.
The bathroom time decay is great but for that outboard reverb I feel it falls short. Can’t get close to my ears.
The hall I don’t use but the plate is nice.
Still.. I have 3 verbs on my board and the plate is nice on all of them. The O11 being rather lush
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

thanks for all the replies much appreciated, some awesome stuff :party:

the flint is getting some lovin, could be the one. ive had Strymon in the past and the quality is there no doubt but I found them a bit sterile, almost too perfect if that makes sense
’brutish in character but not thug like’
univalve

Post by univalve »

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:44 pm
skelt101 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:10 pm
Dr Tony Balls wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 pm One even with the Brown harmonic vibrato. Wowza.

:badteeth: You have my attention, Doctor. Please continue.
Ha. The circuits have been around for awhile, I think developed by independent parties and then sold as Weber kits. One is commonly known as the "ReVibe" which is a 6G15 married to the three-tube harmonic vibrato that you'd see in a Brown Pro/Super/Bandmaster. The other known as the "ToReVibe" and marries a 6G15 to a bias modulating tremolo circuit, but specifically a pre-amp tube bias modulating circuit, like you'd find in a Vibrochamp. Both pretty nifty ideas.
Good God. Want. Hard.
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

innerflight wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:09 am thanks for all the replies much appreciated, some awesome stuff :party:

the flint is getting some lovin, could be the one. ive had Strymon in the past and the quality is there no doubt but I found them a bit sterile, almost too perfect if that makes sense
The plate reverb on the Flint is worth the price of admission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2jxh2pma61dt ... r.m4a?dl=0
Ben
Dullboy

Post by Dullboy »

Laservampire wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:50 am
innerflight wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:09 am thanks for all the replies much appreciated, some awesome stuff :party:

The plate reverb on the Flint is worth the price of admission: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2jxh2pma61dt ... r.m4a?dl=0

Yeah, it sounds like the record.
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Must admit I’d like to give that fender a go!
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

For £130.00 GBP not to shabby