Guitar Stash

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

MEH!

Re: Guitar Stash

Post by MEH! »

Zuff-1A wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:12 am :badlove: Amazing!
Did you liked Mosrite (solid body) ?
Fuck yeah. It was my main guitar for 15 years. 1967 ventures. First year without the logo after Semie lost the endorsement
Lach

Post by Lach »

MEH! wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:37 pm
Fuck yeah. It was my main guitar for 15 years. 1967 ventures. First year without the logo after Semie lost the endorsement
Yep, that was the one I was eyeing off too! Real cool man! I had an 80s KuroKomo (Black Cloud) clone that was great but couldn't quite gel with. Now I have a Univox Phase IV Hi-flier and a Tokai Humming Bird and neither spends much time in the case - I love looking at 'em! ....and playing 'em a bit, though I prefer others
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

Look at the Mosrite Avengers MIJ. They're pretty rad but you need to play each one to find your fit. 70's Mosrite's are a fair bit cheaper but are really excellent to play. Still have the wafer thin neck and the like. Throw a set of 60's pickups or custom newbie's in (his daughter is building Mosrites now and they are good).
There is a another builder who is building Mosrites copies to original or custom spec now and they are really excellent but his name.escapes me as I've just woken up. He worked with Semie @ Mosrites from the start and went on to found Standell and.maybe Hallmark after the 68 bankruptcy. If you can find a Gospel (Semie lost the name Mosrites after the bankruptcy but bought it back early 70's if memory serves me right) then they are hit and miss but rare as fuck. They'll be in cupboards and under beds near.and around Bakersfield. Get one of them and sell it you'll have enough to buy a genuine 65 MK1 Ventures and have enough change to buy another!
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

Lach wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:15 pm
MEH! wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:37 pm
Yep, that was the one I was eyeing off too! Real cool man! I had an 80s KuroKomo (Black Cloud) clone that was great but couldn't quite gel with. Now I have a Univox Phase IV Hi-flier and a Tokai Humming Bird and neither spends much time in the case - I love looking at 'em! ....and playing 'em a bit, though I prefer others
The MKIV Flyers were Univox at the top of their game. As mosrite as a mosrite, nearly! I love em but one of my absolute favorites is the hummingbirds. They are the raddest Mosrite inspired guitar on the planet. Can't remember the model names (brain not working) but there was a run of the mill model and a high end deluxe model that felt more substantial when you hold and play them. Much higher build quality. There's one I've been eyeing off for a couple years here in a little second hand shop but it is the standard model.
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

Thought I'd list what is there as some may be hard to see/tell
1. 73 Maton G250 1/155 built.Rare double cutaway
2. 60/61 ES-125 TD
3. 1996 Fender Ventures Jazzmaster Anniversary model 1/1000
4. Restored 73 Maton G250
5. 77 TB1000S
6. 94 Rickenbacker 360
7. 65 Epiphone Olympic Duo
8. 67/68 Avalon Shaggs
9. Squier Tele
10. Vacaro Generator X MK1
11. 65 Maton Supreme 333
12. Gibson ES-339 Pro with built in treble boost push pots and splitable humbuckers factory original
13. 60's Maton Folk Guitar
14. 04 Gibson Blues King
15. 68 Mosrite Celebrity II
16. 77 Gibson Deluxe Pro
17. 64/5 Epiphone Riviera w/factory PAF mini humbuckers
18. 65 Mustang refin. Bought for $200 in Jackson Mississippi
19. Sakai SG hot rodded to maximum
20. 67 Mosrite Ventures 1st year logoless
21. Yamaha TVL Custom pinstriped by Von Hot Rod
22. 2013 or 15 Nash Tele
23. 70's Maton Apollo 505 in original Goldtop. Perhaps only as many as 50 GT's built.
24. Custom partscaster. Tempo bass body with modified neck pocket and warmoth or mighty mite neck (Can't remember). Gibson P90 neck and Fralin bridge pickups
25. 82/3 SQ Squier "72" Strat
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Bloody hell! Love the 2 pickup epi Olympic.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

Jim Goad wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:00 am Bloody hell! Love the 2 pickup epi Olympic.
That beast was phenomenal. I had two Lollar mini p90's fitted but kept the entire wiring loom in tact.
It made me nervous to play as i was always worried about bresking it. Not as stressful as the reverse firebird but neither had a neck volute so it's pretty thin near the headstock
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

Jim Goad wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:00 am Bloody hell! Love the 2 pickup epi Olympic.
That beast was phenomenal. I had two Lollar mini p90's fitted but kept the entire wiring loom in tact.
It made me nervous to play as i was always worried about breaking it. Not as stressful as the reverse firebird but neither had a neck volute so it's pretty thin near the headstock
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Yeah epi olympics are skinny at the nut. Headstock angle is not as severe as Gibson though.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

Yeah it was awesome. I had removed the OG scratch plate and loaded another with some mini p90's. They're the only ones that'll fit without routing the body. Then it really really came alive. Can't remember if the mini p90's were fralins or lollars or Duncan's but they were great