Fuzz prices

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

jreeves47

Re: Fuzz prices

Post by jreeves47 »

Another point - stuff that is priced 'correctly' or cheaper gets bought before you get a chance to see it, so all you are seeing are the pedals priced 'too high'.
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Yep, that's why I don't look at the sold listings of shit I missed. :doh: :hihi:
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

I don’t think this stuff actually sells for the price people list it. They’ll accept a much lower offer or remove it from sale. That’s why it disappears and appears to have sold. I know someone who has every piece of kit he owns up for sale at all times, some of it at a very inflated price. His attitude is that if a buyer wants to pay over the odds that’s their choice. If not, don’t buy it. Not the way I go about things but I can see his point.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

Good points around. I've closely been following prices and listings twice a day for the past 14 days and my feeling is (Totally subjective) that the prices have been slowly correcting themselves. Of note I have only been focused on D*A*M, Diaz and Pigdodog gear and again, this is totally subjective but my general observation is that the prices are aligning more toward the original purchase price or less. Just my opinion tho
Philip

Post by Philip »

MEH! wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:06 pm I got my dick serviced by a 21 year old model in 2007. I've still got the same dick but it's at least worth $10k more now or best offer
Trades?
MEH!

Post by MEH! »

Philip wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:23 am
MEH! wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:06 pm I got my dick serviced by a 21 year old model in 2007. I've still got the same dick but it's at least worth $10k more now or best offer
Trades?
Haven't pulled it out of the box as it sort of stopped working but what do you have? Keen for trades
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

MEH! wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:08 am I think in a majority of cases the prices are insane. Beyond crackhead prices. It's absolute bullshit.
I recently listed 2 jerms pedals for $14000 Just to make the point. I received lots of messages from reverb saying I was nuts to which I responded that's the fucking point. Is it as nuts as a $650 pedal bought 3 months ago being listed for $1200+???
Yeah a pedal is worth What someone else will pay for it but that sort of price inflation is in my mind absolutely fucking inexplicable. I don't begrudge someone adding a reasonable % for flipping. A particular pedal was the one that cracked me and the seller actually contacted me to discuss my listing. I explained in detail the hyperinflation of fuzz stuff meant that the people who it is intended for, actual musicians and the like are priced out of the market and the result is you wont get to hear these amazing fuzz's on albums and live. That's what they were intended for. By all means get your money back and a little bit of cream but 100 to 200% mark up? Really?
Jerms MK1.5/MK11
Only One In The World!! 2017 Hammertone Silver https://reverb.com/item/26933286-jerms- ... dium=share
I find it odd of Reverb to message you on that point. They promote reselling and making money off flipping gear. They even have (or had) articles on how to do that very thing. I found your listings hilariously effective to prove that point.

I've been trying to collect Tym pedals because most of them, if not all, are around 150-180 new. There is an idiot on Reverb, Pre Rocked Pedals, that seems to buy as many as they can get their hands on and marks them up, doubling the price. I messaged him one time trying to negotiate a deal and his response: "This pedal goes for AT LEAST 300 so there is no way I am going to go any lower than that." I would really like to pick up a few for decent prices, which seem too far and few between ATM but I can't see that happening too soon.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

1bottlerocket wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:59 am
MEH! wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:08 am I think in a majority of cases the prices are insane. Beyond crackhead prices. It's absolute bullshit.
I recently listed 2 jerms pedals for $14000 Just to make the point. I received lots of messages from reverb saying I was nuts to which I responded that's the fucking point. Is it as nuts as a $650 pedal bought 3 months ago being listed for $1200+???
Yeah a pedal is worth What someone else will pay for it but that sort of price inflation is in my mind absolutely fucking inexplicable. I don't begrudge someone adding a reasonable % for flipping. A particular pedal was the one that cracked me and the seller actually contacted me to discuss my listing. I explained in detail the hyperinflation of fuzz stuff meant that the people who it is intended for, actual musicians and the like are priced out of the market and the result is you wont get to hear these amazing fuzz's on albums and live. That's what they were intended for. By all means get your money back and a little bit of cream but 100 to 200% mark up? Really?
Jerms MK1.5/MK11
Only One In The World!! 2017 Hammertone Silver https://reverb.com/item/26933286-jerms- ... dium=share
I find it odd of Reverb to message you on that point. They promote reselling and making money off flipping gear. They even have (or had) articles on how to do that very thing. I found your listings hilariously effective to prove that point.

I've been trying to collect Tym pedals because most of them, if not all, are around 150-180 new. There is an idiot on Reverb, Pre Rocked Pedals, that seems to buy as many as they can get their hands on and marks them up, doubling the price. I messaged him one time trying to negotiate a deal and his response: "This pedal goes for AT LEAST 300 so there is no way I am going to go any lower than that." I would really like to pick up a few for decent prices, which seem too far and few between ATM but I can't see that happening too soon.
Do you have a Tyms Fuzz Munchkin on your collection?

They’re getting very close to serial number 300 which is what what Tym said the run would be .
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Yes, I have a Munchkin. I really like it, but my EFE edges it due to it being less scooped. The one feature that I really love about the Munchkin is the bypass switch where it goes full out and it gets super loud.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by MEH! »

1bottlerocket wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:59 am
Jerms MK1.5/MK11

Oh sorry I think I may need to clarify. Reverb themselves didn't contact me but a seller who had a fuzz listing did. The product was well overpriced. I had a.long back and forth conversation with him and he was just trying to get his money back. He slashed the price and I begged him to reconsider. My issue wasn't necessarily with him and I plead for him to seek to get his money back but I never heard from him.
My issue is with the dude who ripped him in the first place.
I know the fellow who you refer too regarding Tym pedals. Not personally but I've seen his ads. I won't touch TYM's pedals for personal reasons (I've know him personally for 25 years) however I do understand that he would be really pissed off that something like that happened.