Favorite Vibe pedals

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

TonnyHarrison

Favorite Vibe pedals

Post by TonnyHarrison »

I’ve been wondering what everyone’s favorite vibe pedals are. It’s one of my favorite effects but I’ve only ever owned the one I have now which is an OxFuzz OcVibe from 2015, and I do like it a lot. But Been thinking about getting one of following as well

Castledine Supra Vibe
Prescription Electronics Vibe Unit
Effectrode tube vibe
Rxweaver Violet vibe

Then there’s the guy on Facebook
Unique-Vibe, way out of my price range but wondering if anyone has played one of those? They look like awesome replicas.

Anyway I’m thinking about getting a Castledine vibe on reverb, and mainly wanted to know if anyone has compared the Castledine, the Prescription Electronics vibe unit, and the Effectrode tube vibe primarily.
Lach

Re: Favorite Vibe pedals

Post by Lach »

I went to Deluxe and shot out a few at the start of the year. It was the Drybell Vibe Machine, the Jam Pedals Retro Vibe and the Foxrox Aquavibe - I left with the Aquavibe as my favourite. Although I now have it listed for sale... turns out I'm not such a big Vibe guy really, I think I generally prefer a more subtle chorus pedal
TonnyHarrison

Post by TonnyHarrison »

Oh yea I forgot about the JAM and the Foxrox, I’ve looked at them in the past. Think I may just go with Stu’s Supra Vibe because everything I’ve played of his has been so good I know it will sound great. Ive had the same chorus pedal For years it’s a Fromel Seraph Deluxe, and i love that thing. Its based on the Roland SDD-320 Dimension D, and also has a really awesome through zero flange and true pitch vibrato setting. Got a ton of great 80s chorus sounds, in it, talking heads and Eno and such.
Lach

Post by Lach »

Yeah I'm sure it would be killer! I was actually a bit disappointed there weren't any in stock when I went there.

I have an old Ibanez CS9 that I found in Japan when I visited a couple years ago, sounds great!
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I have a drybell on my pedalboard. Mainly since it saves space and is small. It sounds great though!! I had a PE vibe unit many years ago and also a sweet sound vibe (Supposedly the same circuit). Both were nice. The castledine really is my favorite sound-wise though. The cancel function is awesome and the vibrato setting is the best and most musical of any vibe I’ve ever owned, plus is just has the deepest throb. I’d have it on my board if space weren’t an issue.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

My first vibe was a KR Megavibe, which I had for a few years. Nice pedal.

I now have a Classic Amplification Vibe Baby housed in a vintage Shin-ei wah shell. Love it. :tu:

j.png
j.png (924.13 KiB) Viewed 2311 times
Last edited by fernieite on Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
Zacharia Matilda

Post by Zacharia Matilda »

I like Drybell quite a bit. I have an old Foxrox Provibe that I like more though. It’s huge and weighs a ton but you can move the center of the effect around. It’s fun to play around with. And it has an option where the speed is controlled by the signal strength, so it slows down as the note decays.

Having the input for a pedal to control the speed is crucial. Those 2 do. Probably all the good ones do.
Last edited by Zacharia Matilda on Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

danelectro chicken salad
Francus1971

Post by Francus1971 »

Had some vibes in the past
Really liked the supra and the prescription too
But maybe my all time fav was a black deja vibe from fulltone, the black one, with the Control pedal built in
phidias

Post by phidias »

Retroman UberVibe
I Love Rock'n'Roll - Compression Kills The Music - Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Buy Today!