Favorite Vibe pedals

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Spook

Re: Favorite Vibe pedals

Post by Spook »

Still using my Kr mega, have had lots...might pick up an Weaver midnight, but right now its no go cash flo
:pazuzu:
sciencefriction

Post by sciencefriction »

Stu's Supra-Vibe is always going to be my favorite.. I don't have one atm but it has a perfect balanced sound. Right now I'm using an R Weaver FX Midnight Vibe, which is a slightly different flavor. Super throbby, it can get extremely intense. Helps it stand out with fuzz and what not. I highly recommend both, they each have their own flavor.
jerms

Post by jerms »

supra vibe FTW!
TonnyHarrison

Post by TonnyHarrison »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, Definitely going to go with Supra vibe
59junior

Post by 59junior »

TonnyHarrison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:19 am Then there’s the guy on Facebook
Unique-Vibe, way out of my price range but wondering if anyone has played one of those? They look like awesome replicas.
I got a Shiftee from the Unique-Vibe builder. I would highly recommend looking into one of those. The list price is about 50% of the unique vibe if you can find one. I really love it. More or less the same as the big boy Unique Vibe but its a little smaller. Also true bypass and preamp & vibe are individually switchable. Looks cool too.
TonnyHarrison

Post by TonnyHarrison »

Hey man thanks I appreciate the info
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Yeah Stus vibe is great.
And I agree with Dan it’s the best vibrato in a vibe unit I’ve tried.

I’m currently running a mojo hand gyro for my vibe type tonez
Steve
The Artist Formerly Known As KT66

Post by Steve »

Stu's
Space_Case

Post by Space_Case »

Sounds like you've already chosen Stu's and while I've never had a chance to give his vibe a whirl based on my experience with his other pedals I've no doubt that's a wise choice and I'd likely be making a similar one.

Just really wanted to give some love for my Sweet Sounds Ultra Vibe 2 as it ended my vibe search (for now at least :whistle: ) and to highlight something I think is underrated when people are comparing vibes which I think the Ultra Vibe 2 excels at. When I'd try out a lot of Vibes I found that while they often got the swirl and throb aspects of the sound, but there'd often seem to be something missing in the feel of it that I couldn't put my finger on. The way I'd describe it was that they'd feel chorus-y and compressed with the sound becoming messy and the volume dropping off.

What I found when messing with the Ultra Vibe 2 was that the volume knob actually had the ability to push it above unity gain, and when I turned the rate and depth down to the lowest setting there still seemed to be a noticeable change to the sound. In short the pre-amp of the Ultra Vibe 2 imparted a feel to the sound that both gave it the necessary headroom to breathe when I had the effect going or with those turned down still gave me the ability to lightly color my sound. To me the change was enough that it reminded me of how pedals have been built just to replicate the pre-amp of the old echoplex tape echos, and the reason I mention all of this is that for me this is often neglected when people are describing and comparing vibe pedals. It's also why I don't just think of Vibes as glorified choruses that use a light source.

Anyway just my two cents (well rambling long winded two cents at least :banger: ). Also I've no doubt that what Stu has put together would have that capability because I've seen what he can do with a pre-amp in the MMB and based on that alone I'd say his Vibe will be an excellent choice. Mainly just wanted to mention something that I felt had often not been given too much emphasis which ended up becoming a major source of frustration for me in my Vibe search until I tried the Ultra Vibe 2.
"'Information. What's wrong with dope and women? Is it any wonder the world's gone insane, with information come to be the only real medium of exchange?' 'I thought it was cigarettes.'"
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

^The cancel feature on Stu’s vibe is basically what your getting when you turn the controls down on the Ultra Vibe...your signal is still going through the circuit but the cancel switch turns off the swirly bits :badteeth:

Def makes a difference to the sound compared with the true bypass option.